What we’re looking for:
Do you ever wish you had the opportunity to use your keen financial acumen to make the Internet a safer place? If so, we've got just the gig for you: join our passionate and talented team at Sift, a rapidly growing Bay Area startup that's helping online businesses fight the scourge of online fraud.
We're looking for a Senior Payroll Specialist who has strong payroll experiences in addition to other general accounting experiences. To be a good fit, you also need to be flexible, adaptable, and a big fan of change... we're a startup, after all – it's all part of the fun!
What else? You need to be a strong communicator who challenges yourself every day, continually raising the bar for the entire team. And our ideal candidate is first and foremost a problem-solving whiz who works fast and efficiently without ever losing your attention to detail.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own full-cycle processing of payroll for all employees (US and international), including hourly and salaried employees (150+).
- Ensure compliant with payroll tax reporting and withholding responsibilities.
- Responsible for processing off cycle manual payroll checks and/or ACH payroll payments.
- Audit and review hourly time sheets and system uploads.
- Calculate and/or recording equity related employee compensation in compliance with US and International tax requirements.
- Support month-end close and prepare all payroll-related journal entries, accruals and reconciliations.
- Work with cross-functional departments (HR, IT, Legal, Strategic Finance, etc.) to implement payroll process improvements and best practices, to drive excellence and eliminate errors.
- Assist employees and managers with payroll related matters.
- Assist in other general accounting functions and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Participate in the ongoing development / establishment of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents for accounting policies and regulations.
- Assist in general corporate accounting matters and ad hoc projects and requests.
- Key player in an inclusive, engaged and high performing team.
What would make you a strong fit:
- BA/BS degree Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of payroll experience and general accounting experience
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational and analytical skills, and the capability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency with ADP WorkforceNow required
- Experience with NetSuite, and other financial systems including proficiency in MS Office Suite with intermediate skills in Excel
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in our experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy