In 2011, Sift disrupted the fraud prevention industry with a first-of-its-kind machine learning approach that accurately predicted fraud and defended against online abuse in real time.
Sift receives billions of events per month and analyzes vast streams of data in real time. Our platform hosts a powerful machine learning engine that allows us to detect and prevent fraud by analyzing nuanced combinations of signals buried in historic and real-time data.
Our approach combines speed, scale, and sophistication to deliver a unique, adaptive solution that allows our customers to accurately distinguish between the users they can trust, and those they can’t. Savvy businesses use this knowledge to focus on improving the experiences for trusted users, while keeping fraudsters at bay.
About the Team
The Sales Engineering team is comprised of creative, technical problem solvers who partner with prospects to understand their Digital Trust challenges, architect solutions, and onboard them to the Sift platform, driving tangible business value to online business across all major industries and the globe.
Sales Engineers are subject matter experts who have deep mastery of the Sift product suite and underlying machine learning technology. We deliver immediate impact for prospects, while paving the way for future customers by working closely with product managers to stay ahead of the market and move toward emerging digital fraud trends.
We’re looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to join our growing enterprise segment and iterate on our go-to-market motions. You’ll work closely with our team of Enterprise Account executives who are tasked with expanding Sift’s presence in the Fortune 500 and with other large businesses.
What you’ll do:
- Evangelize the Sift platform: build trust with a prospect’s technical teams, by thoroughly demonstrating how the Sift technology works and provides value.
- Simplify complex businesses: work with Sift’s largest prospects to identify critical problems and unlock opportunities through bespoke product integrations.
- Enable the organization: develop internal knowledge, tooling, and process to eliminate friction and standardize Sift’s go-to-market motion, making our sales cycle more efficient.
- Influence the product road map: analyze market feedback from enterprise prospect to lead Sift towards product-market-fit, informing where functionality and partnerships should be developed.
What we’re looking for:
Passionate about technical sales and working with customers, ideally, you are ambitious and self-motivated, and have experience with SaaS-based analytics or data management platforms. Other qualifications we are looking for include:
- 3+ years experience working as a Sales Engineer in a technical sales cycle
- A strong technical background, preferred in fields such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or similar fields.
- Outstanding customer-facing communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical and business concepts to both developers and non-developers.
- A strong work ethic and commitment to excellence. Being creative, collaborative, goal-oriented, thoughtful, and resourceful.
- A bias for action. Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals across multiple concurrent projects.
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Python, Java, Ruby, or similar languages, and familiarity with API-based SaaS products.
- Experience with web servers and common databases used in today’s application architectures. Able to read and write SQL.
- A desire to learn about ML fundamentals and stay on top of the latest trends in applied AI.
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in our experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy