About the team:
Sift’s Dispute Management, integrations team handles all incoming data integrations in Sift’s newly acquired Dispute Management business. This team is responsible for all incoming and outgoing data integrations, ingesting streams of customer data to be used in the dispute process.
What we’re looking for:
As a senior software engineer, you will work closely with product managers, data scientists and other engineering teams to deliver projects on time and mentor engineers on the team. You are an experienced engineer who has built scalable distributed systems, and have a solid understanding of both application design and common ETL architectures. You are equally adept at understanding concurrency problems as you are at just getting things done.
What you’ll do:
- Get Sift done. Work closely on a cross functional team to ship great code regularly.
- Win as one team. Work collaboratively with other bright minded engineers on a cross functional team.
- Ever better. Be proud of your skills and talents, but alway be willing to learn something new, accept feedback, or welcome a new opinion.
- Take end-to-end ownership. Our engineers build, deploy and maintain their code
- Gather responsibility. Lead out to make meaningful contributions to a product designed to make the internet safe for everyone
- Be nice. Work is better with great people.
What would make you a strong fit:
- 5+ years of experience with Ruby with or without Rails
- A passion for scalable, 24x7 backend web services
- Love for clean, maintainable code
- Experience with Postgres, RabbitMQ, Sidekiq, docker and AWS
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of accountability
- You thrive in ambiguous environments where you get to work directly with stakeholders and make decisions that have a huge impact on the business
- You value being part of a great team and realize that being positive and helpful is as valuable as having great skill. At Sift “We win as one team”.
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, math, engineering, hard science(s), or comparable industry experience
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in our experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy