About the team:
Sift’s Dispute Management, integrations team handles all incoming data integrations in Sift’s newly acquired Dispute Management business. This team is responsible for all incoming and outgoing data integrations, ingesting streams of customer data to be used in the dispute process.
What we’re looking for:
As a software engineer, you will work closely with product managers, data scientists and other engineering teams to deliver projects on time and partner with others in the company. You are an engineer who has experience working on scalable distributed systems, and have a growing understanding of both application design and common ETL architectures. Beyond that, you are equal parts pragmatic and perfectionist, knowing the balance between each is the sweet spot.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely on a cross functional team to ship great code regularly
- Testing data pipelines for data integrity and sharing your extensive database experience with the team
- Optimizing application databases
- Utilizing knowledge of design patterns
- Pair programming daily
- Share a positive attitude and comfortable taking risks while being open to learning new things
- Take end-to-end ownership. Our engineers build, deploy and maintain their code
What would make you a strong fit:
- 3+ years of direct hands on experience with Ruby and/or Rails
- Experience with Postgres, RabbitMQ, Sidekiq, docker and AWS
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, Math, Engineering or comparable industry experience
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Ability to solve complex problems using Ruby
- A passion for scalable, 24x7 backend web services
- Love for clean, maintainable code
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of accountability
- Willing and able to work independently in an ambiguous environment
- Team player with a win as one team attitude
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in our experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy