About the team:
Our team helps customers proactively prevent payment fraud. Commerce and financial transactions are increasingly moving online. While the internet has enabled easier and instantaneous payments, it has also introduced a layer of anonymity between the transacting parties. To fully leverage the power of online commerce: there must be mutual trust between parties. Without trust, commerce cannot happen.
By providing a clear, accurate assessment of risk at multiple points of the end-user journey, we enable merchants to eliminate fraud losses, and create adaptive, frictionless experiences for low risk payments. We believe that machine learning is THE way to empower internet-scale businesses to prevent payment fraud.
What you’ll do:
- Deep dive into the payments protection space, drive data-powered initiatives to improve machine learning model accuracy
- Generate and execute on ideas to provide customers with meaningful and actionable insights to identify and prevent fraudulent behaviors and transactions
- Leverage anomaly detection algorithms to identify and explain unusual patterns of customers traffic
- Build systems that automatically explain how a model arrived at a prediction
- Research and apply the latest machine learning algorithms to power our core business product
- Scale machine learning pipelines used to produce thousands of models derived from terabytes of data
What would make you a strong fit:
- Strong understanding of machine learning and data science concepts, and a track record of solving problems with these methods.
- 3+ years experience working with large datasets using Spark, MapReduce, or similar technologies
- 1+ years experience building backend systems using Java, Scala, Python, or other language
- Experience with end-to-end machine learning models training and inferencing
- Strong communication & collaboration skills, and a belief that team output is more important than individual output
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, or a related field
- Experience working with scalable, real-time prediction systems in production
- Familiarity with multiple machine learning or statistical packages in Python, R, MATLAB, or another programming language
- Experience evaluating model performance
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in thought, experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day, so we can Win as One Team.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy