About the team:
At Sift we enhance trust and safety in the digital world with our AI driven technology platform. Our products deliver payment protection, ensure content integrity, and protect account defense for businesses around the world. The Machine Learning Platform team exists to enable product teams to construct and operate their production machine learning services as effectively as possible.
The team does this by providing a platform which handles the common needs of the product teams including production system integration, model training, model availability, health and monitoring infrastructure for model serving, and a streamlined model release process.
What we’re looking for:
As Senior Software Engineer on the Machine Learning Platform team you will build tools and processes to manage, improve, and rapidly scale our platform. Specifically, you;
- Design and build tools and processes to make the release of new machine learning models fast, easy, safe, and minimally disruptive.
- Lead architecture discussions to meet the requirements to serve hundreds of machine learning models at thousands of queries per second scale.
- Ensure that our systems can continue to scale rapidly and address rapidly evolving product team needs.
- Implement scalable, high-throughput, fault-tolerant, extensible, and easily maintainable data processing workflows for both batch and real-time systems.
- Champion and deliver cross-company machine learning initiatives.
- Motivate, teach, listen and empathize with a variety of engineering and analytical roles.
What would make you a strong fit:
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Bachelor's and/or Master’s degree in CS, or equivalent experience.
- Designed and built scalable, low-latency, fault-tolerant services, preferably in Java/Scala.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals.
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with large datasets and best in class data processing technologies for both stream and batch processing, such as Apache Spark, Apache Beam, Mapreduce, etc.
- Familiarity with practical challenges in ML systems such as feature extraction and definition, data validation, training, monitoring, and management of features and models.
- Self-starter, with a quick learning curve.
- Strong communication & collaboration skills, and a belief that team output is more important than individual output.
- Practical knowledge of how to build end-to-end ML workflows
- Knowledge of Google Cloud or AWS stacks for web services and big data processing
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in thought, experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day, so we can Win as One Team.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy