About the team:
Our Automations team is responsible for several core functions of Sift’s Digital Trust & Safety platform: bulk scoring and routing, up-to-the-minute reporting on business metrics, as well as key customer integration points, all of which work together to drive a seamless, accurate and fast solution for identifying and stopping fraud at scale. We combine customizable tools and powerful infrastructure to analyze and route all manner of transactions in our ongoing effort to build trust on the Internet. If you enjoy planning for scale, drawing on many engineering disciplines to solve difficult problems, and building tremendous customer value in the process, this team is for you.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to help drive our product forward, shape our architecture, and sharpen our toolset as we scale up for our enterprise customers. You should be able to craft simple, straightforward solutions to difficult, open-ended problems, while driving improvement that makes the team better.
Great candidates will be passionate about providing great end-to-end customer experience and building the components powering our service. You’ll bring experience in taking your ideas from concept to customer, at scale, with high quality, and on time. You thrive on high-growth, high-impact opportunities at a growing startup. You have a clear sense of how you can leverage your strengths and past experience while learning new things. You excel at creating order from ambiguity, and distilling simplicity from complexity.
What you’ll do:
- Enable Sift’s customers to act and respond to our machine learning insights in real time.
- Create distributed workflow systems that automate our key customers’ business processes
- Design and build systems that aggregate large quantities of customer data to help customers visualize and understand their business.
- Build highly scalable, distributed microservices that can handle hundreds of millions of events per day
What would make you a strong fit:
- 2+ years creating succinct, performant, and easily readable code in Java, C#, Scala or Go
- 2+ years designing API servers that have integrated and scaled with different customers
- Experience using large-scale NoSQL databases like HBase or Cassandra
- Experience with distributed systems and/or highly scalable, customer-facing applications
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure (e.g. GCP, AWS)
- Strong communication & collaboration skills, and a belief that team output is more important than individual output
- BS in Computer Science or related field
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Patreon, Zoosk, and ChowNow trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Catered meals
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. Our core value of “Be Tough On Ideas And Excellent To Each Other” is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion; we work together to ensure the best ideas win. We hire people with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, because we know this makes us stronger, healthier, and more innovative. Our commitment to belonging enables us to bring our full selves to work so we can contribute our talents in meaningful ways and “Win As One Team."