About the Team:
Sift is looking for a Privacy Counsel to join our Legal & Compliance team to help grow our privacy strategy and function as we scale domestically and internationally. You will work closely with and report to our VP, Legal and Compliance, based in our San Francisco office. As a member of a small team, you will have significant opportunities for growth and professional development. We are a team that aims to execute quickly, but thoughtfully, always balancing risk with business objectives.
What We’re Looking For:
In this newly-created position, you will be primarily responsible for providing privacy and data protection guidance for Sift’s online fraud detection and prevention products. This includes assisting our R&D teams in incorporating privacy-by-design into our products and services, and driving compliance efforts relating to global privacy and data protection regulations.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the Sift privacy program, including implementation and updating of privacy-related procedures and employee training.
- Provide privacy and data protection guidance to Sift’s R&D teams, and incorporating privacy principles into product design and conducting privacy impact assessments.
- Research and track global privacy and security legislation, evolving regulations and enforcement and translate into practical advice.
- Improve and streamline data subject rights requests protocols and flows, in conjunction with Engineering, Support and other teams.
- Working with Security and Compliance teams to develop and implement security/privacy incident response plans.
- Help inform and shape Sift’s legislative efforts.
- If you have strong EU data protection knowledge and credentials, you could potentially serve as our data protection officer.
What makes you a strong fit:
- JD with a minimum of 4 years of privacy and data protection experience. Bar admission with ability to register as in-house counsel in CA.
- Strong knowledge of US and global privacy laws, including the GDPR and CCPA, as they apply to online data.
- CIPP certification a plus, but not required.
- Experience in online fraud prevention or FinTech a huge plus.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to successfully work independently, but also to use good judgment and escalate issues when needed.
- A great teammate with a sense of humor!
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Catered meals
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in thought, experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day, so we can Win as One Team.