What We’re Looking For
Sift is hiring a Business Operations Associate and we're looking for someone with a proven history of driving results through actionable insights and sound business judgment.
At a high level, you’ll use your structured problem-solving approach, business acumen, and mastery of numbers to help us assess and communicate the levers of the business, and ultimately develop actionable recommendations for implementation.
What You’ll Do
- Work with leadership to define, launch, and drive strategic and operational initiatives. Examples include researching and analyzing key business drivers, the competitive environment, and customer trends to identify new growth opportunities or improve sales and marketing efficiency
- Lead monthly reporting to assess the company's financial health and highlight leading indicators to denote areas of accelerating/decelerating business performance
- Execute quantitative analyses and advanced modeling that translates data into actionable insights
- Build and maintain dashboards to communicate business performance in relation to company and/ or initiative goals
- Structure and execute initiatives by gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing final recommendations
- Develop operating plans and project manage cross-functional teams to drive results
What Would Make You a Strong Fit
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience in investment banking, consulting, or analytically-intensive role at a startup
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and sound business judgment
- Modeling and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to be personable yet persistent and persuasive
- Able to work in fast-paced environment often with minimal supervision, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately
- Willingness to go beyond assignment-specific work by bringing new ideas to the attention of departmental leadership to improve the overall data management and analytics process
- Experience with SQL, Tableau or other BI software (Looker, Periscope, etc.)
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Catered meals
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in thought, experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day, so we can Win as One Team.