About the Team:
As a Solutions Engineer at Sift, you are the bridge between the customer-facing team and the engineering and product teams. You explain complex ideas to customers and relay customer needs to engineering and product. When a customer’s needs and our product don’t fully align, you’re the internal customer advocate who drives critical solution changes and refinements to our offerings.
What you'll do:
- Own the most complex customer issues: Solutions Engineering is a team of highly technical customer-facing experts. You’ll partner closely with our Technical Account Management and Support Engineering teams to onboard Enterprise accounts, and make sure they get good results. This team is responsible for building a deep understanding of customers’ business problems, technical requirements and success criteria -- empowering customers to solve complex business issues and maximize Sift value.
- Support the customer lifecycle: You will be the customer’s technical point of contact throughout their relationship with Sift. You’ll understand customer’s business and technical needs. Day to day this involves understanding the nuances of their integration and machine learning model, meticulously whiteboarding the flow of their data to expand their integration, and lobbying internally for features and bug fixes needed by customers. For some customers, you’ll write custom queries and scripts to calculate metrics to prove ROI, and optimize existing processes. In short, you’ll do whatever it takes to make the customer successful.
What would make you a strong fit:
- 3+ years in a technical customer-facing role
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical and business concepts to developers and non-developers
- Creative, coachable, collaborative, goal-oriented, and thoughtful. You have a strong work ethic and are committed to excellence
- Being resourceful and proactive. If something seems strange, you’ll investigate. You are not afraid of challenging the status quo
- Experience writing scripts to build internal tools (For example: Bash scripting, Python, Ruby) and comfort with APIs and web technologies
- Ability to prioritize, and deliver on multiple projects in tandem. You thrive under pressure and enjoy clarifying ambiguous situations
- Bonus points for experience in the B2B payments and/or fraud space
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Catered meals
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in thought, experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day, so we can Win as One Team.