About the team:
The Content Integrity team's mission is to help customers detect and prevent all forms of spam, scam, and abusive activity done via content generation. We help all sorts of online businesses including marketplaces, communities, dating sites, social networks and messaging services foster healthy interactions between their users and keep unwanted content off their platforms.
What we’re looking for:
As a senior software engineer, you will be a hands-on leader that owns and drives forward the team's technical vision. You will work with product managers, data scientists and other engineering teams to deliver projects on time and mentors engineers on the team.
What you’ll do:
You will work closely with software engineers and data scientists to build the backend of products and machine learning systems critical to the success of many business across the web. You'll implement scalable, low-latency, high throughout, fault-tolerant, extensible, and easily maintainable production systems. Yo'll also have the opportunity to work on offline data pipelines and online machine learning implementations at scale - thousands of models derived from many terabytes of data. We hope that you'll bring some great ideas to the table as well.
What would make you a strong fit:
- Designed and built scalable, low latency, fault-tolerant services
- Strong software engineering fundamentals
- Experience working with large datasets using technologies like Spark, MapReduce, etc
- Strong communication & collaboration skills, and a belief that team output is more important than individual output
- Strong understanding of industry best practices
- Experience working with large scale data on BigTable, HDFS, Cassandra, etc
- Experience working with products that leverage machine learning, statistical natural language processing, or computer vision
- Understanding of statistical modeling, machine learning, data mining concepts, and a track record of solving problems with these methods
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Catered meals
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in thought, experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day, so we can Win as One Team.