About the team:
The Analyst Platform bridges the gap between our machine learning at scale and our customers' needs. By combining a strong sense of what is right for the customer with knowledge of big data and distributed systems, we provide a seamless way for our customers to make decisions, learn insights and navigate the ever-changing world of fraud fighting without needing to understand the complex technology underneath. That means creating a web application that distills complex ML signals, automation tools running on a highly-available multi-service architecture, and providing customer-facing analytics tooling to make endless streams of data understandable, actionable and usable.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to help drive our product forward, helping to shape our architecture, and sharpen our toolset as we scale up for our enterprise customers. You should be able to craft simple, straightforward solutions to difficult, open-ended problems, while driving improvement that makes the team better.
Great candidates will be passionate about providing great end-to-end customer experience and building the components powering our service. You’ll bring experience in taking your ideas from concept to customer, at scale, with high quality, and on time. You thrive on high-growth, high-impact opportunities at a growing startup. You have a clear sense of how you can leverage your strengths and past experience while learning new things. You excel at creating order from ambiguity, and distilling simplicity from complexity.
What you’ll do:
- Drive for clarity through complexity, partnering with Engineering Leadership and Product Management to determine the right balance of scope and schedule
- Collaborate with other members of our Analyst Platform team as we continue building industry-leading products to promote digital trust and safety
- Help guide the overall architecture of the analyst platform components
- Always look for opportunities to improve engineering practices
What would make you a strong fit:
- 5+ years experience designing/delivering highly-available services
- Experience with RESTful services, API design
- Experience working in Java
- Strong communication & collaboration skills - a team-first, product-first mindset
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Catered meals
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in thought, experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day, so we can Win as One Team.