About the team:
Our Automations team is responsible for several core functions of Sift’s Digital Trust & Safety platform: bulk scoring and routing, up-to-the-minute reporting on business metrics, as well as key customer integration points, all of which work together to drive a seamless, accurate and fast solution for identifying and stopping fraud at scale. We combine customizable tools and powerful infrastructure to analyze and route all manner of transactions in our ongoing effort to build trust on the Internet. If you enjoy planning for scale, drawing on many engineering disciplines to solve difficult problems, and building tremendous customer value in the process, this team is for you.
What we’re looking for:
Managers who are inspiring, creative, flexible and can identify and bring focus to What’s Important Now will excel in our organization and make the biggest impact. Bring your toolbox of effective and varied communication skills and techniques.
You value collaboration, transparency and a Get Stuff Done mindset. As a leader of teams, you understand the importance of these aspects of engineering success and lead by example.
You strengthen a culture of mentorship, give regular feedback, set goals and understand how to get the most out of your staff. You manage the career development of your team and grow engineering groups by hiring effectively.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of talented, broadly-capable engineers that own key areas of our fraud detection platform, as well as systems that deliver unique, strategic insights in a challenging domain.
- Help identify key strategic areas for investment in both product and technical backlogs
- Lead your team as they plan and deliver features and platform improvements
- Collaborate with product managers and other engineering teams to ensure we are working effectively and focusing on the right priorities
- Demonstrate and embody a strong, abiding commitment to the highest cultural standard, focusing on inclusivity, collaboration and teamwork
What would make you a strong fit:
- 3+ years leading teams & managing scalable systems
- Experience hiring, mentoring, and developing top engineering talent
- Experience initiating cross-functional collaboration between multiple functions (technical and non-technical)
- Strong management and project management skills for planning and executing complex projects
- B.S. in Computer Science (or related technical discipline), or related practical experience
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Catered meals
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in thought, experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day, so we can Win as One Team.