Executive Assistant to CEO
My name is Jason Tan, and I’m the CEO of Sift Science. I’m looking for an EA who’s excited to be an extension of me; big heart, driven, easygoing, funny. You’ll need to boss me around because I’m disorganized, easily distracted, and sometimes don’t get enough sleep. Honey badgers rock! Whoops... Anyway, I’m writing this JD myself and would like to work with someone who has a sense of humor. I don’t take myself too seriously and thrive on constructive feedback and hope you do too. Let’s bring out the best in each other.
What I’m Looking For:
You thrive under pressure and like to be depended upon, but you also know when and how to push back. You look forward to balancing a TODO list that ebbs and flows with often-ambiguous tasks of different shapes and sizes; strategic and tactical, reactive and proactive, professional and personal, etc. You have a natural inclination for logistics, planning, and details. You can be trusted with the most confidential matters. You’re not satisfied with the status quo; you enjoy identifying and implementing systems and processes that help us work smarter, not harder.
You’ll get hands-on experience and exposure to what it’s like to scale a startup, learning from myself and experienced leaders in sales, marketing, finance, product, and engineering. If you’re passionate, humble and interested in making the Internet a better place, then this is the role for you.
What you’ll do:
- Proactively gate-keep and manage my time; calendaring, vetting, prioritizing, auditing
- Draft internal and external communications on my behalf; emails, presentations, memos
- Use detailed knowledge of company operations to prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters with urgency and care, and enthusiastically follow through on projects to successful completion
- Maintain an efficient flow of information between myself and internal/external stakeholders on a wide spectrum of plans and priorities
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate professional/personal meetings, functions, and events
- Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents
- Support an unpredictable, ever-changing set of miscellaneous tasks that I will be deeply grateful for, e.g. expense reports, travel arrangements, making sure I get haircuts on time because I have no sense of style...
- Represent me both internally and externally, balancing personality, professionalism and collaboration
What would make you a strong fit:
- 5+ years of experience as an executive assistant or equivalent experience
- Trustworthy: you practice impeccable discretion when presented with sensitive company, customer, and personal information
- Problem Solver: you efficiently and proactively find resourceful solutions; you know when to trust your instincts and when to ask for help
- Owner: you’re self-motivated and have a bias for action, exercising sound judgment when making time-sensitive decisions
- Service Oriented: You anticipate problems and prepare primary and alternate solutions as needed in a calm and efficient manner
- Quick Learner: you can figure out new systems and adapt on the go
- Multi-tasker: you’re unfazed with constant context-switching; you know how to prioritize and focus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, superior attention to detail and accuracy
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Catered meals
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in thought, experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day, so we can Win as One Team.