What We’re Looking For:
Sift is looking for a Finance leader to own and drive our financial strategy including; operational planning, efficiency, and focus. Our ideal candidate balances strategic thinking with analytical rigor to evaluate, forecast, and communicate the objectives of our business. Your excellent business judgment, grounded in numbers, is a core competency that helps us execute at the highest level.
What you’ll do:
- Drive alignment, focus, and efficiency across all functions (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Engineering) via metrics that matter; present these metrics to the company and board to improve operational visibility and drive appropriate business actions; highlight trends and analyze causes of unexpected variance in actuals vs. forecast
- Develop effective monthly, quarterly, and yearly operating plans, as well as longer-term strategies in collaboration with the leadership team and board
- Measure and communicate the health of our B2B SaaS sales and marketing strategy, e.g. sales efficiency, CAC, LTV, conversion rates, COGS, churn, renewals, etc.
- Lead the process that measures and evaluates cross-functional progress against goals
- Collaborate cross-functionally to make optimal investment decisions and effectively spend within budget; ensure that investments best serve our customers and drive business growth
- Lead month-end and annual finance processes
- Run and operate a world-class Finance team, including Financial Planning & Analysis and Accounting
- Prepare board decks and fundraising decks
- Manage business and SaaS metrics, optimizing shareholder valuation
What would make you a strong fit:
- 10+ years experience in a leadership role in finance, business operations or corporate strategy
- Proven track record of operational management and leadership, preferably in a rapidly-growing high-tech B2B SaaS environment
- Proven experience in financial planning, forecasting and budgeting with technically complex products
- Committed to the highest standards of discipline, precision, and organization
- Excellent people and analytical skills; ability to partner cross-functionally with a dynamic leadership team
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity, efficiency, and results
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- Demonstrated bias for ownership and action, plus ability to coach, mentor and develop a strong team
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Catered meals
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in thought, experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day, so we can Win as One Team.