What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a Director, Corporate Communications who will manage Sift’s external reputation and communications strategy as well as develop and execute our media and analyst relations plans. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who thrives cross-functionally and is able to quickly develop and maintain a deep understanding of Sift and its mission. You will guide senior management on external communications and have clear recommendations that are based upon prior experience and consensus from key internal stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Define Sift’s corporate comms, PR and analyst relations plan: determine goals, direction, scope and deliverables in alignment with our corporate objectives.
- Develop and refine Sift’s unique narrative in the market in collaboration with other marketing leaders through bi-annual Marketing Strikes, and create thought leadership programs in support of those Strikes.
- Manage our external PR agency to increase product and brand awareness in the market, as well as solidify Sift’s position as the leader in Digital Trust & Safety.
- Work with Product Marketing to strengthen analyst relationships through one-on-one engagements, briefings and proactive outreaches.
- Collaborate with our executive team of industry experts to assist in developing their point of view and provide media training/coaching as needed.
- Understand fraud prevention trends and identify relevant topics to feed into thought leadership materials and our content/campaign calendar.
- Write and/or edit a large range of content including key messages, media pitches, press releases, and any materials required to support Comms and PR/AR strategies.
- Manage PR budget and optimize ROI across all activities.Track metrics and report out on progress against goals on a quarterly basis.
- Act as spokesperson on behalf of Sift, as needed.
What would make you a strong fit:
- Bachelor’s degree required with 8-10 years of progressive leadership experience in media relations and/or brand communications in enterprise SaaS software. A mix of agency and corporate experience is preferred.
- Strong media relations experience with the ability to create traditional and digital media campaigns that produce coverage and positive business impact.
- Experience creating effective media campaigns that integrate into larger marketing programs, from planning to ongoing execution including measurement, analysis and reporting.
- Experience successfully managing agencies, clients and/or direct reports.
- Ability to both drive strategy as well as “roll up your sleeves” and execute.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills to express messages concisely, and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff.
- Strong team collaboration skills to work cooperatively within an organization, across marketing and other functional departments.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
*Please send writing samples along with resume
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Patreon, Zoosk, and ChowNow trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Catered meals
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. Our core value of “Be Tough On Ideas And Excellent To Each Other” is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion; we work together to ensure the best ideas win. We hire people with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, because we know this makes us stronger, healthier, and more innovative. Our commitment to belonging enables us to bring our full selves to work so we can contribute our talents in meaningful ways and “Win As One Team."