About the team:
Our team is responsible for building, scaling and managing the distributed systems that ingest, process, store, and make accessible trillions upon trillions of events about users, transactions, and other entity data we receive from our customers.
We care about things like uptime, high availability, and low latency. Load balancing, auto-scaling, and automation are in our DNA and are what makes it easy for us to keep up with the growth of our business and the growth of our customers.
What we’re looking for:
As a security engineer at Sift, you will be responsible for analyzing, discovering, and addressing the security of Sift’s services & infrastructure, building security automation, quickly reacting to new threat scenarios, and taking whatever steps necessary to advance Sift’s security posture.
What you’ll do:
- Implement security solutions by leveraging best practices, tools, and organizational collaboration
- Conduct incident response investigations and triage of mitigations
- Perform security testing and threat modeling of Sift’s services
- Communicate security effectively to technical and non-technical audiences as subject matter expert
- Provide input on security initiatives to automate and scale security processes across engineering
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in implementing security solutions
- Strong technical understanding of software security: (e.g. OWASP Top 10) in a continuous development environment
- Experience with security incident response
- Experience with threat modeling cloud and “big data” architectures that contain PII
- Strong scripting skills for process automation
- Experience in helping drive compliance programs (SOC2, PCI, etc), risk assessment and developing privacy & security engineering principles and best practices
- BS in Computer Science or related field
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Catered meals
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in thought, experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day, so we can Win as One Team.