About the team:
Our team is responsible for building, scaling, and managing the distributed systems that ingest, process, store, and make accessible trillions upon trillions of events about users, transactions, and other entity data we receive from our customers.
We care about things like uptime, high availability, and low latency. Load balancing, auto-scaling, and automation are in our DNA and are what makes it easy for us to keep up with the growth of our business and the growth of our customers.
What we’re looking for:
As the first Technical Program Manager of Security in engineering, you will be responsible for ensuring that Sift Science’s Trust Platform is deserving of and exceeding that trust from a technical perspective by continually improving Sift Science’s security posture.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with members across Sift organization and define our security strategy and roadmap
- Actively engage with the sales team, customers, and the community to understand the security scenarios and features that are relevant & critical to Sift Science and represent Sift Science
- Develop business cases for project prioritization & investment based on risk profile of our customer’s data while balancing business needs vs. technical constraints
- Drive security related engineering work across multiple engineering teams
- Engage with external partners & auditors to drive various compliance and auditing needs to successful completion
- Mentor engineers on relevant aspects of security
- Understand the implementation details in depth to prioritize & execute effectively on security initiatives
- Get your hands dirty and be able to directly implement security measures as necessary
What would make you a strong fit:
- 5+ years of experience in technical program or product management
- 5+ years of experience in driving security initiatives
- Experience driving compliance programs (SOC2, PCI, etc), leading technical risk assessment and developing security engineering best practices
- Experience with threat modeling and incident response
- Experience with big data that contains PII
- Strong technical understanding of security: network, OS, software, cryptographic systems, key-management systems, hosted cloud environments (AWS), etc.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to use data & metrics to backup recommendations.
- Strong communication skills, for both technical and non-technical audience
- BS in Computer Science or related field
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Patreon, Zoosk, and ChowNow trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Catered meals
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. Our core value of “Be Tough On Ideas And Excellent To Each Other” is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion; we work together to ensure the best ideas win. We hire people with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, because we know this makes us stronger, healthier, and more innovative. Our commitment to belonging enables us to bring our full selves to work so we can contribute our talents in meaningful ways and “Win As One Team."