About the Team:
Sift is looking for an experienced Compliance Specialist to join our small, but mighty Legal & Compliance team! You will work closely with and report to our Senior Director, Legal and Compliance and work cross-functionally to accomplish our company’s compliance objectives. We’re a team that aims to execute quickly, but thoughtfully, always balancing risk with business objectives.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a self-starter, who will drive our compliance efforts and risk management programs. This includes being our policy go-to -- researching, developing, writing and updating security and related policies that align with various compliance objectives, such as SOC II, GDPR, and EU-US Privacy Shield (or other initiatives you advise the company to take on). You’ll keep up-to-date of upcoming compliance changes that may impact Sift and be a (pragmatic) advocate for changes that align with the company’s goals.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and drive our compliance efforts, building and cultivating positive working relationships across departments and advising on compliance roadmap.
- Assist with regular risk assessments, including working with Security Engineering in annual compliance audits and preparing assessment and audit documentation for regular reviews.
- Develop, update and maintain security policies, procedures and methodologies.
- Bolster and maintain our GDPR program/compliance (and the future California Consumer Privacy Act). If you have strong EU data protection knowledge and credentials, you could potentially serve as our data protection officer.
- Consult with Engineering and Product teams to ensure our products are validated against compliance standards (e.g., SOC2 Type II).
- Develop, deliver and track company training to adhere to various compliance requirements.
What would make you a strong fit:
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years in compliance including, writing security policies/procedures and risk assessment
- Compliance knowledge (SOC2 Type II, GDPR, EU-US Privacy Shield)
- Experienced in organizing, documenting, tracking and executing projects
- Professional certifications in security, privacy risk management and audit areas are a plus, such as CISSP, CIPP, CIPM, or CIPT
- A great teammate with a sense of humor!
A little about us:
Sift is a hyper-growth Series D company that facilitates the largest trust network of online businesses and consumers on the internet.
The Sift Trust PlatformTM uses real-time machine learning to accurately predict which users businesses can trust, and which ones they can’t. The upshot? Consumers know which companies they can entrust with their personal and financial information. And businesses can customize each user's experience based on their trust score – which leads to more revenue, higher conversion rates, and less fraud and abuse.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Catered meals
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. Our core value of “Be Tough On Ideas And Excellent To Each Other” is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion; we work together to ensure the best ideas win. We hire people with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, because we know this makes us stronger, healthier, and more innovative. Our commitment to belonging enables us to bring our full selves to work so we can contribute our talents in meaningful ways and “Win As One Team."