About the team:
Every day, thousands of websites and apps rely on Sift’s cloud-based machine learning to understand which users and actions they can trust. With this knowledge companies can prevent fraud, grow revenue, and build better user experiences based on trust.
The ML Platform team is the batch data processing backbone powering Sift’s ML and data intelligence. Our framework ensures fast, reliable, and scalable ML model training for production and experimental use across Sift. If you want to be a force multiplier making data scientists, ML engineers, and analysts more effective working with data at petabyte scale, we’re the team for you.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced engineer to shape our architecture and refine our toolset supporting batch data workflows. You should be able to build easy to integrate and use solutions to complex, open ended problems and drive improvement both within the team and the ecosystem we support.
Great candidates will be passionate about building tools that speed their teammates’ achievements. You have experience in the challenges of complex production big data workflows. You thrive on high-growth, high-impact opportunities. You excel at distilling the needs of different products and functions to create simple, powerful solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Own reliability, performance, and stability of Sift’s batch data processing framework
- Solve complex problems that arise from our petabyte scale data and unique data processing workflow requirements
- Design and implement services and libraries for reuse across data processing components
- Design and implement tools to support rapid ml prototyping and productionization
What would make you a strong fit:
- Designed and built production, scalable, fault-tolerant data processing frameworks or services
- Supported scalability and stability of mission-critical data processing workflows
- Experience processing TB+ scale datasets using parallel, distributed data processing tools
- Strong software engineering fundamentals
- Strong communication & collaboration skills, and a belief that team output is more important than individual output
- Experience writing succinct, performant, and readable code in Java, Python, or related languages
- Experience using large-scale NoSQL databases like HBase, Bigtable, or Cassandra
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure (e.g. GCP, AWS)
- Experience with a data processing workflow management platform like Airflow or Luigi
- Familiarity with Spark and/or Hadoop
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Catered meals
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in thought, experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day, so we can Win as One Team.