About the team:
The Core Data team is responsible for the data systems that power Sift’s online infrastructure. We make sure they are available and performant at all times to serve our customers. In the events of outage and failure we will have practiced plans to be able to recover. These are very large and complicated systems that require constant vigilance to meet these goals.
What we’re looking for:
As an Engineer at Sift you will be responsible for a plethora of tasks and systems that span our entire product and internal infrastructure. Every day, thousands of websites and apps rely on our cloud-based machine learning to eliminate fraud, slash costs, and grow revenue. As part of the team you will build new products, add and improve features, scale and maintain the systems that keep our customers happy, and build internal tools and systems to help streamline and optimize internal initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Own the availability, performance and scalability of Sift’s primary online storage systems
- Solve complex problems that arise from our unique data volume and request rate which may involve digging deep into data store internals
- Design and implement services and libraries for components to interact with data stores safely and efficiently
- Prototype new data storage systems and find if they are a fit for Sift. If they are, follow through on the full implementation and support
- Develop tools for monitoring, detecting faults, and automatically repairing distributed data store solutions
- Provide design support to internal engineering teams for optimal usage of data stores, data growth planning, and production workload optimization
What would make you a strong fit:
- Strong experience with Java
- Solid experience building and developing distributed cloud infrastructure based on AWS or GCP
- Hands-on experience running and managing production distributed databases
- Experience building and debugging tools on Linux environments
- Familiar with distributed database internals
- Experience running large-scale data storage systems that span across multiple data centers
- Experience building Infrastructure as Code and automating infrastructure provisioning steps
- Understanding the planning process and key indicators of a successfully implemented infrastructure solutions
- Experience with HBase, Kafka, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, or Memcache
- Familiar with configuration management and automation systems such as Terraform Salt, etc.
- Familiar with Docker and Kubernetes
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Patreon, Zoosk, and ChowNow trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Catered meals
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. Our core value of “Be Tough On Ideas And Excellent To Each Other” is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion; we work together to ensure the best ideas win. We hire people with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, because we know this makes us stronger, healthier, and more innovative. Our commitment to belonging enables us to bring our full selves to work so we can contribute our talents in meaningful ways and “Win As One Team."