As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits.
As a Physical Design Engineer in the Customer Support team, you will contribute to resolving customer issues and improve the customer experience related to the physical implementation flow of industry-leading RISC-V CPU IP. We are looking for people who are as excited as we are about working in a fast-paced dynamic environment to bring new hardware IP to market quickly, with high quality and exceptional performance.
- Debug and resolve physical design issues of SiFive RISC-V CPU IP’s for pre- and post-sales customers
- Improve and enhance the customer experience of physical design implementation using foundation flows of major EDA vendors
- Generate high quality PPA (Power, Performance and Area) collaterals for broad portfolio of SiFive CPU IP and participate in PPA benchmarking for customer designs
- Work closely with the RM (Release Management) team to ensure the physical design quality of the different designs delivered to customers
- Automate the generation, data extraction/analysis and management of PPA collaterals
- Collaborate with physical design flow development teams to drive best-in-class automation and PPA
- 5+ years of physical implementation experience in a wide range of technologies; Experience with CPU implementation and advanced process nodes (7nm and below) is strongly preferred;
- Expertise in aggressive PPA optimization through physical design techniques
- Working experience on a customer-facing role is strongly preferred
- Understanding of logic design and CPU architecture is a strong plus
- Good working knowledge of scripting (Python or Perl) and automation is required
- Attention to detail and a focus on high-quality design
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off; flexible work environment; health, vision and dental benefits; 401(k) plan; employee stock option program, and much more.