As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits.
As a functional safety architect, you will join our world-class architecture team and be responsible for architecting Functional Safety solutions across the SiFive product portfolio. Functional Safety is a key technology in many market segments and it is expanding as autonomous things interact more and more with people.
- Defining and leading the safety architecture of SiFive's core complex, SiFive’s IPs (such as NoCs IOMMU and interrupt controllers) and sample SoCs that customers can build with them.
- Owning the required safety analysis (e.g. FMEDA) and driving the Safety Requirements.
- Working closely with the Safety Manager to develop and maintain the IP’s Safety Package including all the relevant documents the customers need to adopt SiFive’s products in FuSa capable SoCs.
- Collaborating with the Engineering teams to ensure the correct implementation of the defined safety architecture and ensuring all the collaterals are delivered, and all of them meeting the Functional Safety standards.
- Working closely with the product teams to support customers and helping identify next product intercepts and requirements for Functional Safety.
- 10+ years of experience in Functional Safety in the SoC and IPs area.
- Strong and industry-recognised expertise in Functional Safety, in particular for Automotive applications (ISO 26262).
- Experience with SoC and IP design flow from requirement definition and architectural design to physical implementation.
- Familiarity with advanced CPU architectures and pipelines, and interconnect architectures.
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a worldwide team.
- Master's or PhD in a related technical field, e.g. computer science, electronic/computer engineering, etc.