As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits.
SiFive is seeking an experienced Software Architect for our Software Architecture group. The SiFive Software Architecture group enables SiFive to build the right products, with the right hardware-software interface, from system and software points of view. We believe that engineers create most of the value in the company. Our management chain has a strong engineering and software development background. We believe in open, honest, and direct communication; mutual respect; and seek strong communicators and listeners.
As a Software Architect, you will work with system architecture and hardware engineering teams to help design and evaluate systems, including CPUs, interconnects, firewalls, and related IP blocks. You’ll work with our software group to design software implementations that take advantage of hardware features and integrate cleanly with existing operating systems. You’ll write and review architecture specifications and help plan out the work involved to implement the specifications. And since this is an engineering position, you’ll write software also. You’ll be a part of creating something big, all based around the RISC-V instruction set architecture.
- You will work with multiple engineering teams to architect, design, implement and deliver advanced CPU cores, subsystems, SoCs, PCBs, and IP subsystems with emphasis on scalability, performance, reliability, and support of new hardware technologies.
- Utilize your experience to create solutions to key architectural challenges for modern, high-level systems
- Design and help develop SiFive and RISC-V software.
- Help plan and estimate complex software projects.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to help plan how to test key features in complex system environments.
- Experience developing low level code in C for multiprocessor, multithreaded operating systems such as the Linux kernel, BSD kernels, or other high level operating systems (HLOS)
- Understanding of computer architecture at the CPU and system levels, VLSI design concepts and how they impact hardware and software architecture, and PCB schematics.
- Experience writing and reviewing architecture specifications, both for hardware and software
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong project leadership skills, including work breakdowns and estimates