As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits.
At SiFive, we use the latest in Compiler technologies and programming languages to design hardware. Our customers require that designs be delivered in the traditional languages of Verilog and SystemVerilog. As a hardware compiler engineer, you will be designing the software infrastructure to compile, generate and verify RISC-V cores and other designs for high performance and low power.
- Development of transforms, Operations, Types in MLIR for the design system.
- Architect abstractions to model hardware, software and verification constructs in MLIR.
- Own software development projects that lower IR representations of the design to simulators, FPGAs and other models required by the design systems.
- Develop tests for the MLIR code.
- Work on hardware simulators and FPGAs to debug the transforms.
- Debug and maintain previously developed code in MLIR.
- Document and explain implementation details, benefits and effort estimates.
- Expert in programming languages. C++, Python are MUST. Expertise in Rust, Scala, Swift are desirable.
- Must be able to demonstrate software coding skills.
- Must demonstrate expertise with software development tools (one or more): VS Code, Gprof, Valgrind,..
- Must be an expertise in data structures, algorithms and be able to suitably solve problems through efficient use of the same or debug issues in implementations.
- Knowledge of computer architecture, hardware design with Verilog highly desirable.
- Expertise in FPGA usage is valued.
- Knowledge of hardware simulators and verification systems such as UVM will be seen as valuable.
- Be willing to learn, innovate and build and show extreme curiosity to understand how the system operates.
- Be opinionated but open to new ideas.