Siemplify is searching for a customer facing Linux System Engineer to join the Professional Services team. As a Linux system engineer, you will be responsible with assisting customers in deploying Siemplify in advanced and custom deployments scenarios.
You will be exposed to many different infrastructures and technologies and must be able to provide recommendations and best practices on deploying Siemplify to those systems.
Our technology stack is built on Nginx, .Net Core, PostgreSQL and Python. We use open source tools such as Repmgr and Pacemaker to manage our high availability deployments.
You will be responsible for the installation, upgrades, and maintenance of the Siemplify deployment and improving the whole process in between.
What you will do:
- Work with customers to provide expertise and direction on how to deploy Siemplify to support their business needs.
- Deploy Siemplify in both customers data centers and cloud environments in many different architectural configurations.
- Troubleshoot Siemplify performance issues that may be related to infrastructure issues such as firewalls, filesystem, or memory problems.
- Manage and improve all technical and organizational around platform installations and upgrades.
What will help you succeed in this role:
Cloud Web Services:
- Amazon Web Services: IAM, EC2, VPC, ELB, ALB, Autoscaling, Lambda
- AWS Managed Products: EC2, ECS, ECR, Route 53, SES, Elasticache, RDS, Redshift
Version control Systems:
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP,
- Firewalls, NAT, VPC, VPNs
- SMB / NFS file systems
- Nginix / Apache
- Knowledge of Linux Kernel fundamentals including job management, memory management, networking & debugging
- Experience with PostgreSQL, clustering, tuning, maintenance.
- A relentless security-first mindset
- Up-to-date on the latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently