Office & Operations Manager
Location: New York City
About Siegel Family Endowment
Siegel Family Endowment (Siegel) is a foundation focused on understanding and shaping the impact of technology on society. Siegel supports organizations whose work contributes to giving everyone the opportunity to learn and contribute to a rapidly changing society. Our Chairman, David M. Siegel, is the Co-Founder and Co-Chairman of Two Sigma Investments, LP. We primarily focus on three interest areas: Learning, Workforce, and Infrastructure. Our grantmaking philosophy and process differs from many more traditional foundations -- we encourage you to read through the “Our Approach” on www.siegelendowment.org/ to understand more about how we work with potential grantees.
Siegel Family Endowment (Siegel) is searching for an experienced, reliable, and task-oriented Office & Operations Manager. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Office & Operations Manager will be a member of the Operations team to ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day management and operation of our office, including our physical and digital space.
The Office & Operations Manager is expected to perform all duties with precision, timeliness, and from a customer service approach. They will always uphold the highest level of discretion while building and maintaining strong working relationships with colleagues and partners.
The ideal candidate is resourceful, professional, and able to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail. They should have a strong passion to create a safe, innovative, and unique work space for internal staff and guests. They will be fully engaged and busy from the first day, and we guarantee there will never be a dull moment.
- Liaise with the Family Office’s Facilities Management and Food & Beverage team
- Manage, and is included in, the weekend and holidays emergency coverage schedule for the property. Available to respond and be on site within 1 hour.
- Daily point of contact for the housekeeper and ensure property remains tidy and organized
- Act as the main point of contact for the physical and digital space:
- Available to be on-site during office hours and act as the main point of contact for emergencies
- Ensures protocols to open and close the building are adhered to
- Manage deliveries and mail; coordinate reception services, including overseeing a receptionist; occasionally covering the receptionist desk
- Support team members with large scale printing requests
- Monitor ops@ emails; responds to or delegates requests and inquiries in a timely manner
- Update operational procedures and policies for townhouse office space, as needed
- Ensure the property is appropriately stocked with office supplies, snacks and other necessities
- Assist with onboarding and off-boarding of team members, contractors/consultant, including but not limited to - ordering of laptops; desk set-up, key card access, email set-up and digital space access.
- Reinforce all the protective protocols to ensure property’s items (example: furniture, artwork, dishware) is properly cared for
Guest Experience Management:
- Execute procedures to ensure we host all guests in a warm and professional manner
- Ensure meetings spaces are set and reset as needed
- During event planning - be a thought partner and ensure detailed event logistics, that elevate the event’s mission and goals, are incorporated
- Support and coordinate with the Family Office’s Food & Beverage team for select events
- Manage and provide logistical support for all internal and external engagement events (which may fall outside of typical working hours), including booking event space, catering, managing guest list and communication, and greeting guests
- Plans team appreciation initiatives (including b-day, work anniversaries, and other life events - baby, new home, etc)
- Helps set the culture of the organization - schedule and organizes team bonding or other team wide activities (example: Team photos)
- Collects quotes to assist the COO in creating and updating the annual budgets
- Execute approved budget in a cost-effective manner, facilitate purchase orders, invoice payments, and reports
- As needed, support the COO with various project related tasks such as research, grant execution, compliance and legal support.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in managing a work space
- Other preferred experience includes hospitality, operations, facilities & office management, and/or private service
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of home maintenance and systems
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational, time/project management and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Knowledge of G Suite/Google for Work, and Asana or similar systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Salary & Compensation
The anticipated salary for this position is $115,000, plus a bonus. Additionally, we offer a competitive benefit package. For more information about our compensation structure, please email email@example.com.