Title: Marketing & Communications Associate
Location: New York City
Siegel Family Endowment (Siegel) is a foundation focused on understanding and shaping the impact of technology on society. Siegel supports organizations whose work contributes to giving everyone the opportunity to learn and contribute to a rapidly changing society. We were founded in 2011 by David M. Siegel, Co-Founder and Co-Chairman of Two Sigma, a financial sciences company. We primarily focus on three interest areas: Learning, Workforce, and Infrastructure. Our grantmaking philosophy and process differs from many more traditional foundations -- we encourage you to read through the “Our Approach” on www.siegelendowment.org/ to understand more about how we work with potential grantees.
Reporting to the Head of External Engagement, the Marketing & Communications Associate will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate public-facing materials including social media, help respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate events. The Associate will work across Siegel teams to align key messages, and identify areas of collaboration both within the team and with our external network.
- Conduct research, including:
- Review Siegel grant recommendations, Siegel grant check-in notes, grantee reports, grantee-generated content, and other materials as needed
- Conduct background research to situate the findings in a broader context and potentially develop further insights
- Other research projects as needed
- Offer new and unique publication ideas based on findings
- Write and edit content, including Insight posts, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, talking points, and other materials that communicate Siegel’s activities and priorities to our target audiences
- Write content with a clear understanding of Siegel’s strategic objectives and organizational positions
- Write content in a clear and accessible voice and tone in keeping with Siegel’s existing publications tone and cadence
- Working alongside Siegel team and external communication partners - support the drafting and development of a release strategy and dissemination schedule for each written piece
- Media Relationships
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and prepare briefs and talking points for Siegel spokespeople
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Social Media
- Manage cross-channel social media calendar
- Draft content for Twitter and LinkedIn, and post on those channels once approved by leadership
- Opportunity to stand up additional accounts on other social media channels, with the support and direction of Siegel leadership
- Make updates to our Website, Insights Page, and online marketing efforts, such as Mailchimp
- Broadly, proactively seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of our brand
- Prepare internal memos, event briefings, and talking points for Siegel spokespeople
- Support coordination of conferences, panels, and events
- Maintain records of media coverage, analytics, and strategy metrics
- Update internal CRM and external email distribution lists
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience working communications, journalism, public relations, or related fields. Nonprofit or philanthropy experience is a plus
- Intellectual curiosity
- Excellent written communication, editing, data entry, and copywriting skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop) is a plus
- Experience in Word Press, web design and content production is a plus
Salary & Compensation: The anticipated salary for this position is $80,000 Base, plus a bonus. Additionally, we offer a competitive benefit package. For more information about our compensation structure, please email email@example.com.