Title: Marketing & Communications Associate
Location: New York City
Siegel Family Endowment (Siegel) is a foundation focused on understanding and shaping the impact of technology on society. Siegel supports organizations whose work contributes to giving everyone the opportunity to learn and contribute to a rapidly changing society. We were founded in 2011 by David M. Siegel, Co-Founder and Co-Chairman of Two Sigma, a financial sciences company. We primarily focus on three interest areas: Learning, Workforce, and Infrastructure. Our grantmaking philosophy and process differs from many more traditional foundations -- we encourage you to read through the “Our Approach” on www.siegelendowment.org/ to understand more about how we work with potential grantees.
Reporting to the Head of External Engagement, the Marketing & Communications Associate will support our external communications strategy in various ways. The Associate will work across Siegel teams with various stakeholders to align key messages, and identify areas of collaboration both within the team and with our external network including grantees.
- Write and edit content, including Insight posts, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, talking points, and other materials that communicate Siegel’s activities and priorities to our target audiences
- Write content with a clear understanding of Siegel’s strategic objectives and organizational positions and a clear and accessible voice and tone in keeping with existing publications
- Draft and post content for Twitter and LinkedIn
- Opportunity to stand up additional accounts on other social media channels, with the support and direction of leadership
- Make updates to our website, blog, and online marketing efforts (e.g. Mailchimp)
- Support and conduct original research as needed
- Support the Head of EE in working with contracted external support to achieve high quality outputs (e.g., communications firm, graphic designer, web developer)
- Respond to inquiries, arrange interviews, and prepare briefs and talking points for Siegel spokespeople
- Assist in keeping the external engagement and communication calendar up to date
- Manage cross-channel social media calendar
- Support coordination of the organization’s presence at conferences, panels, and events, as well as of Siegel-hosted events
- Maintain records of media coverage, analytics, and strategy metrics
- Update internal CRM and external email distribution lists
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with media partners, and maintain a media database.
- Support the development and execution of Siegel’s External Engagement strategy
- Support the release strategy and dissemination schedule for all content, particularly written pieces
- Broadly, proactively seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of our brand and elevate the work of our grantees
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in communications, journalism, public relations, or related fields, or 3+ years at an agency and/or specialized client-facing role
- Excellent written communication, editing, and copywriting skills
- A writing portfolio that includes multiple forms of impact story-telling, including but not limited to: case studies, interviews, blog posts, original insights, research briefs, press releases, etc.
- Strong project management skills and a proven track record of collaborative work; experienced coordinating among internal departments and/or external partners
- Ability to summarize and draw unique insights from research and data - both qualitative and quantitative
- Proficient with productivity software such as Office and Google suite, content management systems, and social media platforms
- Nonprofit or philanthropy experience is a plus
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop) is a plus
- Experience in WordPress, web design and content production is a plus