Location: New York, New York
Siegel Family Endowment (SFE) is a foundation focused on understanding and shaping the impact of technology on society. SFE supports organizations whose work contributes to giving everyone the opportunity to learn and contribute to a rapidly changing society. We were founded in 2011 by David M. Siegel, Co-Founder and Co-Chairman of technology-driven algorithmic investment manager Two Sigma. We primarily focus on three interest areas: Learning, Workforce, and Infrastructure. Our grantmaking philosophy and process differs from many more traditional foundations -- we encourage you to read through the “Our Approach” on www.siegelendowment.org/ to understand more about how we work with potential grantees.
Reporting to the Director and Head of Grantmaking, the Grants Coordinator will work closely with the grantmaking team to provide administrative and process support to ensure the smooth operation of the SFE grantmaking team. A successful candidate will be detail and action oriented.
As part of a small organization the grants coordinator will partner with members across teams and work with all levels of the organization.
This role is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of nonprofit organizations.
Grants Management Coordination:
- Communicate directly with grantees to collect grantee information and schedule grantee engagement meetings (i.e. new grant/grantee kick-off meeting, check-in meetings, etc.)
- Respond to grant related inquiries from a wide range of constituencies, handling declinations and other correspondence as necessary
- Provide assistance with writing, editing and proofreading of grant related materials
- Generate and edit grant agreements and grant contribution letters
- Assist in monitoring SFE’s grants management workflow to identify when and where follow-up is needed
- Monitor reporting due dates for grants team members
- Organize, maintain and track grantee information in Airtable, Google Drive and SFE’s grants management system
- Work with grants team to provide reports regularly and as needed
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of board meeting materials prior to each grants committee meeting
Grants Team Coordination:
- Schedule internal and external meetings related to grant making and grants management
- Coordinate and prepare materials for grantmaking team meetings and events
- Assist with taking meeting notes and produce timely, accurate, and concise summaries
- Support the planning and execution of quarterly and end of year grantmaking reflection meetings
- Work collaboratively with the Director and Head of Grantmaking on scheduling/calendaring, travel arrangements, meeting preparation and follow-up and other administrative tasks.
- Organize and manage expense reports for the Director and Head of Grantmaking.
- Assist with providing administrative and program support to the grantmaking team (e.g., data entry, data integrity, file and organize electronic documents
- Provide event support with external partners and work with the operations team to execute the events
- Minimum of 1-2+ years of experience working in an administrative capacity
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Proven organizational skills and planning/time management skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of G Suite and data entry software is a plus
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and on a team
- Interest in philanthropy and SFE’s mission are a plus