Research Team Coordinator
Location: New York City
Siegel Family Endowment (SFE) is a foundation focused on understanding and shaping the impact of technology on society. SFE supports organizations whose work contributes to giving everyone the opportunity to learn and contribute to a rapidly changing society. We were founded in 2011 by David M. Siegel, Co-Founder and Co-Chairman of Two Sigma, a financial sciences company. We primarily focus on three interest areas: Learning, Workforce, and Infrastructure. Our grantmaking philosophy and process differs from many more traditional foundations -- we encourage you to read through the “Our Approach” on www.siegelendowment.org/ to understand more about how we work with potential grantees.
In 2021, SFE is building a research team that aims to develop knowledge in our issue areas and to support our grantmaking efforts. Research will be conducted by SFE staff and research fellows as well as by grantee partners. You can read more about our approach at “Research at Siegel Family Endowment: Research & Philanthropy” and “Research at Siegel Family Endowment: Our Approach.”
Reporting to the Senior Vice President and Head of Research, the Research Team Coordinator will work closely with their colleagues on the research team and in coordination with colleagues on the grantmaking team to execute the vision across SFE’s research activities.
The Research Coordinator will assist the team in tracking research grantees’ activities, and to help disseminate research findings to a variety of audiences. They will also provide administrative support to the SVP, and will support many of the research team’s day to day operations. A successful candidate will be intellectually curious, detail and action oriented. As part of a small team you will be involved with the full range of the research team’s work. Our research interests are at the intersection of technology and social sciences and includes questions around intelligence, information, innovation, development, decisions, and design.
You will play a critical role in building SFE’s reputation and partnerships. This role is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing team and to gain exposure to a variety of research and nonprofit organizations.
Research Team Support
- Assist in tracking research projects, organizing and tracking status and findings in team collaboration software, such as Airtable
- Provide thoughtful feedback on projects and the team’s work products
- Working with the Grantmaking team, assist in managing the potential research grantee pipeline and preparation of grantee sourcing discussions and proposals; and
- Ensure grantee data is collected and tracked
SVP Administrative Support
- Work collaboratively with the SVP on scheduling, travel arrangements, and other administrative tasks
- Help with overall team collaboration and organization, moving towards a “chief of staff” role
- Support design of convenings and events with external partners and work with the operations team to execute the events
- Help facilitate internal learning from research grantee relationships; and
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2-3+ years of experience working in an administrative, research/project assistant, coordinator, or related roles
- Intellectual curiosity
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong project management, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work; and
- Demonstrated interest in one or more of SFE’s key interest areas is a plus