Grantmaking Program Associate
Location: New York City
Siegel Family Endowment (SFE) is a foundation focused on understanding and shaping the impact of technology on society. SFE supports organizations whose work contributes to giving everyone the opportunity to learn and contribute to a rapidly changing society. We were founded in 2011 by David M. Siegel, Co-Founder and Co-Chairman of Two Sigma, a financial sciences company. We primarily focus on three interest areas: Learning, Workforce, and Infrastructure. Our grantmaking philosophy and process differs from many more traditional foundations -- we encourage you to read through the “Our Approach” on www.siegelendowment.org/ to understand more about how we work with potential grantees.
Reporting to the Director of Grants Management, the Grantmaking Program Associate will work closely with the grant-making team to execute the vision across SFE’s portfolio.
Responsible for a blend of administrative and programmatic tasks, you will help manage due diligence components of the grant-making process, especially tasks associated with managing grant life cycles, helping to plan and execute program-related convenings and meetings, and maintaining positive and proactive communication with grantees.
In addition to program administration, you will be expected to engage in substantive programmatic support to the portfolio. You will play a critical role in building SFE’s reputation and partnerships. This role is an excellent opportunity to build strong relationships and gain exposure to a variety of nonprofit organizations.
- Assist in managing the potential grantee pipeline from end to end and preparation of grantee sourcing discussions and proposals
- Conduct financial due diligence of potential grantees and draft grant recommendation proposal narratives in support of the SFE leadership team and grantmaking fellows
- Respond to inquiries from a wide range of constituencies, handling declinations and other correspondence as necessary.
- Synthesize learnings from the field and collaborate with colleagues to uncover interesting opportunities at the intersection of our interest areas and topics to further explore
- Assist with the development of inquiry questions for individual grants, as aligned with SFE’s inquiry-driven approach to grantmaking
- Support the Director of Grant Management in aligning additional grantmaking categories and grants to each portfolio strategy
- Provide thoughtful feedback based on field learning to contribute to shaping organizational strategy
Grantee Management Support
- Identify and consolidate capacity building and/or in-kind service needs and make support recommendations
- Help facilitate internal learning from grantee relationships through observation of and reflection on our grants
- Assist with writing white papers, Medium posts, and/or other publications that elevate SFE’s work or the work of our grantees
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience working in nonprofit, philanthropy, or relevant field
- Intellectual curiosity
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Google Workspace
- Prior experience with grant administration and execution is a plus
- Knowledge of budget and financial statement due diligence preferred
Siegel Family Endowment provides a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, and a 401(k) plan with an employer matching contribution policy