Who are we?
Sidewalk Labs is an urban innovation company that tackles cities' greatest challenges. We create products and solutions, invest in new companies, and help developers build more sustainable, innovative, and equitable places around the world. Our ambitious vision requires us to push ourselves beyond conventional thinking, and we work hard in pursuit of our mission. Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts from real estate, urban planning, government, finance, technology, and engineering, among other backgrounds.
Our urban innovations include Delve (a generative design product that empowers real estate teams to design better, faster, with less risk), Mesa (an easy-install kit for commercial buildings that cuts energy costs, improves tenant comfort, and simplifies building operations), Pebble (a low-cost vehicle sensor to help manage parking and curb space), and Affordable Electrification (a new way to manage home energy use to meet a customer’s monthly budget). We're also developing an offsite construction company that can deliver high-quality mass timber buildings for more sustainable living and working.
With the potential to radically improve quality of life in cities for all, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to achieve something unprecedented — help us build it!
What is the role?
Pebble is a low cost, easy-to-install vehicle occupancy sensor that we are working on bringing to market. It’s a combination of hardware and software that makes it special, and the team is small but growing rapidly as the product matures, pilots are signed on, and interest from developers/cities/parking operators grows. We currently have functions for sales, firmware/hardware/software engineering, design, field operations, and Product Managers.
We are looking for an experienced Customer Success Manager who:
- Creates and executes a comprehensive engagement and communications strategy that maintains high customer satisfaction and support.
- Builds strong relationships with our customers and develops an in-depth working knowledge of our target customer segments.
- Gathers feedback from the market, and can effectively articulate these insights to Product Management, Marketing, and Development teams.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the competitive landscape, and be a storyteller for Pebble's value proposition.
What we expect:
Build long term relationships:
- Get involved in the very early stages of customer relationships, and be comfortable demonstrating the capabilities of Pebble’s products and services.
- You ensure customer expectations are aligned with our existing product functionality and share new features, company announcements, and roadmap updates as appropriate.
Be the voice of the customer:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for our customers on a daily basis and assist in any resolution of issues.
- You can define customer problems, collect feedback, and help establish a triage process for work needed to be performed in collaboration with the Product, Operations, and Development team.
Own the post-sales process:
- Upsell and renew existing contracts
- You can effectively lead the customer engagement process by running PoCs, training, demos, etc., and closing with a contract signature.
- You approach a sales challenge with integrity, creativity, and competitiveness.
What you have to achieve:
- Within the first month, you’ve onboarded onto the Pebble team, and have a deep understanding of the product and Pebble’s operations practice. You have also absorbed all research done to date on our customer segments and market landscape.
- Within the first two months, you’ve built relationships with all of our existing and pilot customers. You’re now the key contact for these customers and have established regular check-ins based on contractual milestones. You are also comfortable triaging issues between the customer and the Pebble team.
- By the end of month three, you’ve led multiple product pilots, and are working to sign long term contracts with key customers. You’ve identified user pain points, feature requests, and other insights that are critical to Pebbles targeted customer segments and help to prioritize them with the Product team for future product development.
- Beyond the first few months, you’ve built a customer success and support model which scales with our business to meet the needs of our customers, while maintaining your role as the voice of the customer. You create case studies, and other materials that help with Pebble growth and adoption.
We are very excited to hear from you.
Sidewalk Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek applicants from underrepresented communities. Even if you are not 100% sure you are right for the role, please apply and we will be happy to consider your application. All employment is based on merit and business need, and we respond to each application we receive.