Who are we?
Sidewalk Labs is an urban innovation company that tackles cities' greatest challenges. We create products and solutions, invest in new companies, and help developers build more sustainable, innovative, and equitable places around the world. Our ambitious vision requires us to push ourselves beyond conventional thinking, and we work hard in pursuit of our mission. Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts from real estate, urban planning, government, finance, technology, and engineering, among other backgrounds.
Our urban innovations include Delve (a generative design product that empowers real estate teams to design better, faster, with less risk), Mesa (an easy-install kit for commercial buildings that cuts energy costs, improves tenant comfort, and simplifies building operations), Pebble (a low-cost vehicle sensor to help manage parking and curb space), and Affordable Electrification (a new way to manage home energy use to meet a customer’s monthly budget). We're also developing an offsite construction company that can deliver high-quality mass timber buildings for more sustainable living and working.
With the potential to radically improve quality of life in cities for all, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to achieve something unprecedented — help us build it!
What is the role?
This is a new Sourcer role, reporting to Krishana, Associate Director of Talent, initially, and will focus on supporting our team in engineering and corporate hiring.
In this role, you will support our Talent team by using various channels to look for potential candidates, conduct passive candidate outreach, and build talent pipelines for future hiring needs. You’ll also help build interview line-ups, coordinate interviews and drive the process all the way through a new hire’s onboarding process during their first weeks. You will partner with our recruiters to support specific roles. The Talent team is currently 8 individuals, and this is an excellent opportunity to learn high-impact recruiting top-to-bottom from an outstanding team. We see this as a potential step towards a full recruiter role and we're committed to helping you grow into it.
Sidewalk Labs has a robust Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) strategy, and the Talent team has a significant role to play in its successful execution. We want someone who is eager to incorporate EID into the sourcing process and ensure we’re building pipelines of individuals who come from underrepresented identities.
What you can expect:
Here is what you can expect out of a role on our team.
- Sourcing is about outreach and relationship building: First and foremost, you will own outreach to passive candidates based on our hiring needs. You use professional networks and craft and send recruiting emails. You identify qualified candidate profiles using various sourcing techniques (Boolean, etc.). You ask for referrals from current employees and external networks. You communicate with past applicants regarding new job applications. You promote our employer brand online and offline.
- Get stuff done, efficiently: You'll help maintain our candidate database and track conversion rates. You’ll also help with scheduling interviews, working directly with candidates and hiring managers. There’s no better way to learn how to work and prioritize well. You'll connect dots quickly, follow up where others may have dropped a detail or left room for confusion, and be the first to lend a hand wherever needed.
- Learn to use systems and tools to make our work more efficient and effective. You will work in Greenhouse, Hiretual, UltiPro and other key systems of the trade.
- This role will build your foundation for being a top recruiter.
What we expect:
We are looking for someone with hands-on sourcing experience. Your work experience can come from different places/industries as long as you can demonstrate that you have learned. Experience in tech or startup is a plus.
- You have experience building and executing sourcing strategies to find technical talent and candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; you have solid networking skills and can present Sidewalk Labs and open roles to potential candidates
- You are passionate about people & process; you enjoy interacting with different people and learning about different roles
- Above all else, you must be highly organized, create excellent partnerships, and be a strong team player.
We are very excited to hear from you.
Sidewalk Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek applicants from underrepresented communities. Even if you are not 100% sure you are right for the role, please apply and we will be happy to consider your application. All employment is based on merit and business need, and we respond to each application we receive.