Who are we?
Sidewalk Labs is an urban innovation company that tackles cities' greatest challenges. We create products and solutions, invest in new companies, and help developers build more sustainable, innovative, and equitable places around the world. Our ambitious vision requires us to push ourselves beyond conventional thinking, and we work hard in pursuit of our mission. Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts from real estate, urban planning, government, finance, technology, and engineering, among other backgrounds.
Our urban innovations include Delve (a generative design product that empowers real estate teams to design better, faster, with less risk), Mesa (an easy-install kit for commercial buildings that cuts energy costs, improves tenant comfort, and simplifies building operations), Pebble (a low-cost vehicle sensor to help manage parking and curb space), and Affordable Electrification (a new way to manage home energy use to meet a customer’s monthly budget). We're also developing an offsite construction company that can deliver high-quality mass timber buildings for more sustainable living and working.
With the potential to radically improve quality of life in cities for all, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to achieve something unprecedented — help us build it!
What is the role?
You will be a critical driver of growth within Sidewalk Labs on the Delve team, helping scale a product that solves complex problems in urban design, masterplanning, and real estate development. The Delve team is committed to radically improving the quality of urban life through better digital design tools — and we’re bridging the urbanist-technologist divide by combining expertise in machine learning, optimization, and cloud computation with a nuanced understanding of neighborhood development.
It’s your job to drive account development, revenue growth, and new market expansion. You will be responsible for the full sales cycle and strategy for growing key accounts and territories.
In our current engagement model, Delve customers get access to the Delve tool and dedicated guidance from a Sidewalk Labs computational designer who becomes an extended member of the customer’s team, adding expertise based on the project’s site objectives and constraints. Radically transforming the traditional design process of considering only a handful of designs, Delve generates thousands of design options, scoring them across multiple factors (e.g. desired program mix; daylight access; amount of green space; walkability) and tying each option back to a financial analysis. This means that customers benefit from a far more comprehensive and holistic evaluation and end up with a better-performing design, validated by machine learning.
Our customers are real estate developers, architects, and cities, and you are familiar with driving mid-market and enterprise sales in these industries. You are consultative and highly empathetic in your approach to uncovering and addressing customer needs. You work to understand the ins and outs of their day-to-day work, the deadlines they care about, and the stakeholders they need to manage. You know what makes their process unique, and you can understand - and will be able to effectively communicate - what makes Delve so compelling.
What You Will Achieve
Within the first three months, you will:
- Understand Delve inside-out and be able to explain it in a compelling way to every customer and stakeholder type.
- Own end-to-end sales for your dedicated book of business -from articulating a sales strategy, to expanding the pipeline through outbound efforts and in partnership with Marketing, to progressing deals through the funnel.
- Channel the customer voice to the Product team.
Within the first six months, you will:.
- Have signed your first paid engagements with Delve customers and established a strong pipeline of prospects with projected revenues and timelines.
- Attended industry events, partnered with customer success to improve our onboarding and support model, and provided customer feedback to influence the product roadmap.
- Provided feedback and support to improve our sales process and strategy, to scale Delve to a billion-dollar business.
What We Expect
- Own the sales process.
- Selling runs through your veins. You approach a sales challenge with integrity, creativity, and competitiveness.
- You have established net new relationships with target accounts, grown and maintained a healthy pipeline, and consistently overachieved quota.
- You know mid-market and enterprise sales; you have familiarity with the real estate industry and how to speak to developers.
- Solve problems, together.
- Understand how Delve solves problems for our customers. Collaborate with your team to develop novel solutions and identify new use cases.
- Ask hard questions and challenge assumptions to ensure we’re delivering the highest value to our customers.
- Be comfortable with change as we scale the business model and realign priorities for a rapidly growing product line.
- About the future of cities, solving hard problems, and our team’s success.
- You are committed to creating more equitable and inclusive outcomes both in the workplace and in the work you do.
We are very excited to hear from you.
Sidewalk Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek applicants from underrepresented communities. Even if you are not 100% sure you are right for the role, please apply and we will be happy to consider your application. All employment is based on merit and business need, and we respond to each application we receive.