Who are we?
Sidewalk Labs is an urban innovation company that tackles cities' greatest challenges. We create products and solutions, invest in new companies, and help developers build more sustainable, innovative, and equitable places around the world. Our ambitious vision requires us to push ourselves beyond conventional thinking, and we work hard in pursuit of our mission. Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts from real estate, urban planning, government, finance, technology, and engineering, among other backgrounds.
Our urban innovations include Delve (a generative design product that empowers real estate teams to design better, faster, with less risk), Mesa (an easy-install kit for commercial buildings that cuts energy costs, improves tenant comfort, and simplifies building operations), Pebble (a low-cost vehicle sensor to help manage parking and curb space), and Affordable Electrification (a new way to manage home energy use to meet a customer’s monthly budget). We're also developing an offsite construction company that can deliver high-quality mass timber buildings for more sustainable living and working.
With the potential to radically improve quality of life in cities for all, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to achieve something unprecedented — help us build it!
What is the role?
In your role as an Associate Director of Sales you will sell Mesa, Sidewalk Labs’ energy optimization product, to commercial real estate owners, tenants, and operators. As a key member of the business development team, and the team’s first sales hire, your goal will be to overwhelm us with sales and create a pipeline of interested leads. You will contribute on a small but highly collaborative team and have the opportunity to lead sales strategy and execution for Mesa in a particular region or target asset type. You will report to the Growth Lead.
What You Will Achieve
After 3 months you will have
- Articulated the Mesa product’s vision, mission, personas, and target market.
- Developed and executed an outbound sales strategy for your first region.
- Worked with your digital marketing teammate to refine inbound leads for at least 3 campaigns in your region.
- Created a robust pipeline and pitched at least 25 new accounts.
- Delivered your first set of new sales.
- Updated the Sales Playbook with an improved, streamlined sales process.
After 6 months you will have
- Lead Mesa’s expansion into 1-2 more regions.
- Delivered 3x the number of new sales from the first 3 months.
- Collaborated with your Customer Success teammate to expand and upsell at least 5 existing accounts.
- Shared valuable customer insights to Mesa’s sales, marketing, and product teams that influences our distribution strategy and product roadmap.
After 12 months you will have
- Launched 2 additional regions and expanded our footprint in all existing markets.
- Collaborated with your Customer Success teammate to ensure that all accounts are satisfied and renew their subscriptions.
- Created a strong reputation for Mesa as the leader in energy efficiency for Class B/C assets in each region. Built a community of industry advocates to support our growth.
What We Expect
Subject matter expertise.
- You are experienced in owning end to end sales including from articulating a sales strategy to building a pipeline to coordinating processes to closing and signing deals.
- You sell to commercial real estate owners with older real estate assets (not class A) influential tenants, and building operators.
- You have working knowledge of commercial real estate, energy, HVAC equipment, or energy and sustainability.
Act as a customer advocate.
- You love the customer and deliver great customer success, engagement, and product support.
- You channel the customer voice to the product team and share good customer notes.
- Bias towards solving customer problems and effective communication.
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts with team training support to non-technical audiences.
We are very excited to hear from you.
Sidewalk Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek applicants from underrepresented communities. Even if you are not 100% sure you are right for the role, please apply and we will be happy to consider your application. All employment is based on merit and business need, and we respond to each application we receive.