Who are we?
Sidewalk Labs is an urban innovation company working to make cities more sustainable and affordable for all. We create products, invest in new companies, and help plan innovative places around the world. Since our founding in 2015, we’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees based primarily in New York City. Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts from real estate, urban planning, government, finance, technology, and engineering, among other backgrounds.
We’ve launched innovative companies addressing urban mobility, next-generation infrastructure, and community-based healthcare, and invested in startups working on everything from robotic furniture to digital electricity. We continue to work internally on projects such as factory-made mass timber construction that can improve housing affordability and sustainability, a digital master-planning tool designed to help developers and communities achieve shared objectives, and a new approach to all-electric neighborhoods.
With the potential to catalyze and scale new models for sustainable and affordable growth, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to achieve something unprecedented — help us build it!
What is the role?
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Lead to build and run digital marketing for Mesa, our affordable energy-saving offering for commercial real estate. You are a “full suite digital” marketer who will leverage data to inform strategy, define creative needs, build and launch campaigns, monitor progress, perform post campaign analysis, and report out to the wider Sidewalk team. Your insights will be used to drive our go-to-market strategy and to identify metrics that guide our actions as we grow our audience of real estate owners and developers.
In this role you will report directly to the Associate Director of Business Development. Our objective is to grow Mesa’s top-of-funnel prospects.
More on Mesa:
Mesa is a Sidewalk Labs product to help commercial building owners, tenants, and managers cut wasted energy and manage their spaces remotely. Plus, it has tenant comfort at its core. One of Mesa’s key differentiators is super easy and quick installation, avoiding unnecessary labor and commissioning fees. A few links to learn more: explainer video, blog post, press release with Hines.
What You Will Achieve
After 3 months you will have
- Reviewed and expanded on the existing Digital Marketing strategy, including our existing 2021 execution plans, infrastructure and assets, and results from recent Awareness campaigns.
- Refined messaging, channels, and customer profiles.
- Created and launched at least three new paid marketing campaigns (Awareness and Consideration phases).
- Created and deployed content marketing, including email newsletters, blog posts, email drip campaigns, and webinars.
After 6 months you will have
- Advanced paid marketing campaigns to next phases of Acquisition and Engagement.
- Collaborated with the Sales Team to reach new geographic markets.
- Collaborated with the Communications and Sales teams on offline marketing, including industry events and print marketing.
- Collaborated with Mesa’s Project Management and Sales teams to develop and deploy a customer retention program.
- Created standardized reporting and metrics for all marketing activities.
- Made progress in understanding Customer Acquisition Costs (CAC).
After 12 months you will have
- Confirmed the key messaging, channels, and timeline to predictability identify leads. With the Sales Team, you will have tested and confirmed the full Buyer’s Journey.
- Created the digital marketing playbook to support Mesa’s growth in new markets to grow revenue by at least 3x in 2022.
What We Expect
Subject matter expertise.
- You have a background in Account Management, Product Marketing and have experience with Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Youtube, and Google’s ad properties.
- You are excited to work in a hybrid Account Manager, Analytical Lead & Sales Development capacity.
- Bonus if you worked in selling within real estate, proptech, and especially commercial real estate.
- You have a demonstrated ability to work well with others.
- You’re able to motivate people to get the job done.
- You’re excited to be part of a team and work together.
- You are committed to creating more equitable and inclusive outcomes both in the workplace and in the work you do.
- You’re able to fluidly analyze underlying logic, question arguments, and weigh multiple perspectives.
- You have strong written, verbal, and presentation skills. You’re able to produce high-quality materials in a variety of formats for internal and external audiences. This role includes content creation, from blog posts to emails to webinars to ad copy.
- In this role you will own and execute on both exciting and more everyday work. All of it is crucial to deliver on our vision and mission. We expect you to have a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-dive-in attitude all the time. This is a startup: your scope will change and stretch, and you’re happy to roll with the punches.
We are very excited to hear from you.
Sidewalk Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek applicants from underrepresented communities. Even if you are not 100% sure you are right for the role, please apply and we will be happy to consider your application. All employment is based on merit and business need, and we respond to each application we receive.