Who are we?
Sidewalk Labs is an urban innovation company working to make cities more sustainable and affordable for all. We create products, invest in new companies, and help plan innovative places around the world. Since our founding in 2015, we’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees based primarily in New York City. Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts from real estate, urban planning, government, finance, technology, and engineering, among other backgrounds.
We’ve launched innovative companies addressing urban mobility, next-generation infrastructure, and community-based healthcare, and invested in startups working on everything from robotic furniture to digital electricity. We continue to work internally on projects such as factory-made mass timber construction that can improve housing affordability and sustainability, a digital master-planning tool designed to help developers and communities achieve shared objectives, and a new approach to all-electric neighborhoods.
With the potential to catalyze and scale new models for sustainable and affordable growth, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to achieve something unprecedented — help us build it!
What is the role?
As part of the Sidewalk Labs Finance team, you will be primarily responsible for developing and executing sales and operations planning (S&OP) and supply chain strategies, as well as managing on-going supply chain operations for our Mesa and Pebble products. In this role, you will help design, manage, and continuously improve our S&OP and supply chain planning process, as well as handling our supply chain workflow internally and with our third party logistics provider. Our objective is to ensure our supply chain performance and service level is optimized to deliver a best-in-class customer experience.
Note: We are currently working remotely, and we expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021. After re-opening, candidates will be expected to come into the New York office.
What You Will Achieve
- After 3 months you will have developed processes and documentations pertaining to supply chain activities such as inventory management, order fulfillment, etc., by working with our third party logistics provider and internal teams
- After 6 months you will have developed a synchronized S&OP and demand forecast processes by working collaboratively with cross-functional teams (Product, Finance, Sales, etc.) and suppliers that optimize working capital cost and level of supply
- After 12 months you will have optimized our supply chain service level per business and end-customers requirements by developing scalable operating model that are both fit for purpose and cost efficient
What We Expect
- Deep Expertise in S&OP, supply chain planning, and inventory management strategy, management, and implementation
- 4+ years of S&OP, supply chain planning, and inventory management experience gained through experience in the field
- You are a skilled user of S&OP, supply chain planning, and inventory management related systems such as Netsuite, Anaplan, JDE, SAP and/or Llamasoft.
- You possess strong analytical skills, experience with large data set and some data analysis abilities.
- You are a process-driven individual inspired to build and continuously improve the dynamic processes to enable world-class supply chain service level.
- You are excited to provide the best service to our customers, no matter where they are in the world.
- Strong Collaboration Skills
- You are a self-motivated and proactive team player.
- You are excellent in driving projects and moving processes forward, acting as an anchoring point for the collection of input from many different stakeholders and key contributors.
- You care about cities, solving hard problems and our team’s success.
- You are committed to creating more equitable and inclusive outcomes both in the workplace and in the work you do.
- Related certifications, for example Six Sigma Green / Black Belt /
We are very excited to hear from you.
Sidewalk Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek applicants from underrepresented communities. Even if you are not 100% sure you are right for the role, please apply and we will be happy to consider your application. All employment is based on merit and business need, and we respond to each application we receive.