Who are we?
Sidewalk Labs is an urban innovation company working to make cities more sustainable and affordable for all. We create products, invest in new companies, and help plan innovative places around the world. Since our founding in 2015, we’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees based primarily in New York City. Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts from real estate, urban planning, government, finance, technology, and engineering, among other backgrounds.
We’ve launched innovative companies addressing urban mobility, next-generation infrastructure, and community-based healthcare, and invested in startups working on everything from robotic furniture to digital electricity. We continue to work internally on projects such as factory-made mass timber construction that can improve housing affordability and sustainability, a digital master-planning tool designed to help developers and communities achieve shared objectives, and a new approach to all-electric neighborhoods.
With the potential to catalyze and scale new models for sustainable and affordable growth, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to achieve something unprecedented — help us build it!
What is the role?
As Associate Director of Supply Chain and Customer Fulfillment, you will lead order fulfillment for Mesa, our affordable energy-saving offering for commercial real estate (more on the product here). As the team’s first Supply Chain hire, you will set up our global supply chain and distribution processes, as well as our inventory strategy and planning processes. You will join a dynamic team of engineers, designers, and business development strategists, partnering with them to ensure our customers receive a seamless order experience.
This is a full-time position for 12 months. This means full benefits (paid time off, health insurance, 401k matching, etc.). It has the potential for conversion to permanent employment based on performance and business need.
We are currently working remotely, and we expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021. After re-opening, candidates will be expected to come into the New York office.
What You Will Achieve
- After 3 months you will have created a supply chain, warehouse and distribution management processes to ensure reliable and consistent fulfillment results. As part of this you will have set up our inventory management / tracking systems, developed systems to manage the supply chain, including placing orders, have warehouse staff manage end to end delivery, set up tracking software, trained the team on how we can all track inventory
- After 6 months you will have created an inventory strategy and planning processes to ensure the best return on inventory and net working capital optimization. You will have also established a predictive ordering systems, processes for smooth returns or replacements and ensure we can fulfill global orders, developed a scalable system so we can continue to add SKUs to our offering
- After 12 months you will have created a system where it takes less than 2 weeks from online lead to order fulfillment / delivery.
What We Expect
- Deep Expertise in Supply Chain & Fulfillment Strategy, Management, and Implementation
- You have a minimum of 6 years experience in end-to-end supply chain management.
- You have experience in developing and implementing global distribution strategies and inventory management, including planning supply chain, warehousing, delivery/ fulfillment systems, including planning inventory controls, replenishment, warehouse management and procurement functionality.
- You are excited to provide the best service to our customers, no matter where they are in the world.
- Strong Collaboration Skills
- You have the ability to collaborate cross-functionally, including the product development teams, procurement, and finance to create the most cost effective footprint.
- You build meaningful relationships.
- Any support identifying and building relationships with distribution partners will be a big plus!
- Passion for our Mission
- You care about cities, solving hard problems and our team’s success.
- You have experience in ERP and have strong proficiency in Netsuite, JDE, SAP and/or Llamasoft.
- Related certifications, for example Six Sigma Green / Black Belt /
We are very excited to hear from you.
Sidewalk Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek applicants from underrepresented communities. Even if you are not 100% sure you are right for the role, please apply and we will be happy to consider your application. All employment is based on merit and business need, and we respond to each application we receive.