Who are we?
Sidewalk Labs is the pioneering urban innovation company. Our innovative placemaking enables us to develop insights about the future of cities that we then turn into businesses. Since our founding in 2015, we’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees based primarily in New York City. Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts from real estate, urban planning, government, finance, technology, and engineering, among other backgrounds.
We’ve launched innovative companies addressing urban mobility, next-generation infrastructure, and community-based healthcare, and invested in startups working on everything from robotic furniture to digital electricity. We continue to work internally on projects such as factory-made mass timber construction that can improve housing affordability and sustainability, a digital master-planning tool designed to help developers and communities achieve shared objectives, and a new approach to all-electric neighborhoods.
With the potential to catalyze and scale new models for sustainable and affordable growth, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to achieve something unprecedented — help us build it!
What is the role?
This is a new Coordinator / Sourcer role, reporting to our Head of Talent Jan initially, and will focus on supporting our team in engineering and corporate hiring. It is a full-time position for 12 months. This means full benefits (paid time off, health insurance, 401k matching, etc.). It has the potential for conversion to permanent employment based on performance and business need.
In this role, you will support our Talent team to run best-in-class recruiting processes: you’ll write strong job descriptions, build interview line-ups, and drive the process all the way through a new hire’s onboarding process during their first weeks. You will partner with our recruiters to support specific roles. The Talent team is currently 3 individuals and scaling up to 5 this quarter. As you gain proficiency, your portfolio of roles and other scope might expand, and could include sourcing and project management.
This is an excellent opportunity to start your career in Talent/Recruiting and learn high-impact recruiting top-to-bottom. In our recruiting model, our coordinators are the empowered backbone of our team. This means you’ll stay on top of things and deliver an outstanding candidate experience. There is also an important link to our People Operations work, which starts at onboarding. Sitting at the core of our work will let you learn about all steps. We see this as a potential step towards a full recruiter role and we're committed to helping you grow into it.
Note: We are currently working remotely, and we expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021. After re-opening, candidates will be expected to come into the New York office.
What You Can Expect
Here is what you can expect out of a role on our team.
- Recruiting is about process: First and foremost, you own the recruiting process and ensure that all necessary steps in the process are planned, consistently delivered, and you find a solution to every last minute, on-the-fly change with clarity and grace.
- Recruiting is about people: The coordinator is a superconnector. You keep your clients, i.e. candidates, hiring managers and recruiters, in the loop. You build relationships, keep everyone on track, and move the process forward as quickly as possible.
- Get stuff done, efficiently: You'll be scheduling interviews, working directly with candidates and hiring managers. There’s no better way to learn how to work and prioritize well. You'll connect dots quickly, follow up where others may have dropped a detail or left room for confusion, and be the first to lend a hand wherever needed.
- Learn to use systems and tools to make our work more efficient and effective. You will work with Greenhouse, Hiretual, UltiPro and other key systems of the trade.
- You'll get visibility on plenty of things going on, learn from it and improve. This role will build your foundation for being a top recruiter or people professional.
What we expect:
This is an entry-level role, and we are looking for someone with 1+ years of work experience. Your work experience can come from different places/industries as long as you can demonstrate that you have learned.
- Realistically, you have some practical full-time experience with driving processes, managing stakeholders, setting expectations (especially upwards) and executing reliably.
- You are passionate about people & process;, you like getting things done.
- Above all else, you must be highly organized, and create excellent partnerships, and be a strong team player.
- You love taking initiative and proactively provide suggestions on how to streamline and improve processes.
We are very excited to hear from you.
We actively seek applicants from underrepresented communities. Even if you are not 100% sure you are right for the role, please apply and we will be happy to consider your application. All employment is based on merit and business need, and we respond to each application we receive.