What is the role?
Sidewalk Labs is an Alphabet company tackling the challenges of urban growth. We are currently designing a new kind of mixed-use, complete community on Toronto's waterfront in partnership with the tripartite agency Waterfront Toronto and the local community. This joint effort, called Sidewalk Toronto, will combine forward-thinking urban design and new digital technology to create a people-centered neighborhood that achieves precedent-setting levels of sustainability, affordability, mobility, and economic opportunity. We also are advancing an array of products and business models that will allow our unique mix of technologists and urbanists to grow their impact to include cities around the world.
We can't tackle this mission without strong, organizational support for our team members. As our Executive Assistant, you will be challenged and stretched as you help drive the organization forward. You will report to our Director of Infrastructure Investments and will work to support our entire Infrastructure Investments team in the San Francisco Bay Area and New York. This is a full-time position.
What you have to achieve:
Within your first month, you have built a strong professional and personal relationship with your managers and colleagues. You have developed a sense of timing and agenda needs for the team and have taken ownership over making certain decisions on their behalf.
- You’ve mastered daily calendaring and conference-room booking, and you can execute any adjustment or schedule change at the drop of a hat.
- You have the capability to assist in managing and producing events, organizing details such as facilities, catering, and transportation.
- You know what is important, what isn’t, and how to triage.
- You’re a source of knowledge — an expert at making sure things happen as they should, whether that is preparing the team for meetings, printing materials, or setting up audio/video conferences.
- You’re running travel arrangements for the team and coordinating all logistics (air travel, rental car, hotels).
- You wrangle the team to execute monthly expense reporting — on time.
- You’re on top of coordinating and managing investor relations tasks.
By the end of month three, you will know the office flow and how to prioritize calendars, tasks, and projects for the team. From there, your role will continue to evolve. As we grow, we’d like you to take on more responsibilities (such as events and project or program management), and you will always have the opportunity to help build upon projects that interest you. The Infrastructure Investments team will expect a great deal from you, but in turn would welcome you as a full-fledged member.
What leads to success:
This is a challenging, busy, and varied role that will suit an experienced Executive or Administrative Assistant. You are detail-oriented and thrive on being extremely organized. You are comfortable with heavy calendar management and high-volume meeting arrangement. Over-communication and proactive thinking and acting is an asset in this role. You have a good read on people and situations. You can build strong relationships quickly, both with your managers and their counterparts. You exhibit calm, stress-free efficiency in an exciting and sometimes hectic environment.
What we expect:
- Proficient knowledge of G Suite (GMail, Google Calendar, Google Docs)
- The ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to organize and manage own time effectively
- Tact, good judgment, and the ability to interact with senior management
- Discretion and confidentiality
- The ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- A team player
- The attitude that no job is too small and no task too daunting
- A wonderful, nice person