Sidewalk Labs is an Alphabet company tackling the challenges of urban growth. In partnership with Waterfront Toronto and the local community, we are currently designing a district in Toronto’s Eastern Waterfront. This joint effort, called Sidewalk Toronto, will blend people-centered urban design with cutting-edge technology to achieve new standards of sustainability, affordability, mobility, and economic opportunity.
Before applying to a position at Sidewalk Labs, we strongly recommend you examine our Mission and Values.
What is the role?
To achieve our vision for Sidewalk Toronto, we aim to catalyze the application of technology to physical infrastructure in cities. Increasingly, technological innovation enables more sustainable, distributed, and intelligent urban infrastructure. Sidewalk Labs opportunistically invests in private businesses providing technology-enabled urban systems across power generation, transportation, waste, water, and communications.
As an Associate, you will contribute to all phases of a private equity style investment process from origination through diligence, execution, and asset management. The role spans rigorous financial analysis, the preparation of investment memoranda, supporting commercial due diligence, and managing portfolio investments.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Have 4-6 years of infrastructure investing experience in either project finance, principal investing, or project development;
- Expertise in advanced quantitative modeling and financial accounting for infrastructure systems;
- Experience with advanced technology and engineering related to urban infrastructure;
- Exceptional performance in a top-tier academic program;
- Thrive in a rigorous, analytical environment;
- Are a sharp and precise communicator.
At Sidewalk Labs, we believe that infrastructure as an asset class will be fundamentally transformed by technology. We are very excited to hear from individuals who are passionate about achieving precedent-setting levels of sustainability through innovation.
The city of the future is a place for everyone. Sidewalk Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment is based on merit and business need.