Who are we?
Replica is a part of Sidewalk Labs, an Alphabet company tackling the challenges of urban growth.
The Replica team is creating a next-generation urban planning tool that can help cities answer key transportation questions. Replica allows city planners to understand the full impact of their decisions within the rapidly changing world of mobility.
Replica was previously known as the Model Lab.
What is the role?
You will be the first member of Replica’s Kansas City based customer team. Your work will focus on ensuring Replica meets and exceeds customer expectations through the delivery of a high-fidelity, accurate travel model of their city.
We are a small but growing team, currently working with multiple cities across North America. As we expand, we are looking for an experienced customer deployment manager with strong skills in geospatial data management, GIS, customer management, and a baseline understanding of data-intensive SaaS applications. You will focus on the successful deployment of Replica with each customer, working collaboratively with the customer success team, the engineering team, and our customers.
Experience with GIS (ESRI, QGIS), Mapbox, and/or SaaS applications is required.
What you have to achieve:
- Within your first month, you will build a deep understanding of Replica’s current customer deployment process, technology infrastructure, data schema, and be assisting in the deployment of Replica for new customers.
- By the end of month three, you will be independently managing and implementing all of the steps required to deploy a fully-calibrated Replica.
- From there your role will continue to evolve--we’re still a startup team. Here’s a small sampling of projects you may work on:
- Working with thousands of public agencies across the country to effectively gather and normalize local transportation and transit data
- Working with the engineering team to ensure data quality for Replica calibration
- Evaluating Replica outputs to ensure each Replica meets and exceeds customer expectations and pre-determined acceptance criteria
- Discovering and implementing more efficient ways to deploy Replica
What we expect:
- A combination of technical depth and customer communication
- Have a strong background in geospatial data management, project management, and customer management.
- Comfort and experience working with large, complex spatial data sets.
- You are obsessed with privacy and constantly ask how we can build privacy into every process.
- Candidates need to be able to hit the ground running. Therefore, 3+ years of industry experience is required. Experience in a world-class, data-intensive SaaS organization is preferred.
- Be the glue between customer success and engineering
- Experience working with both customers and engineering teams to ensure customer expectations are being transferred into clear direction for our technical teams.
- Ability to quickly respond and solve customer problems.
- Excel at process design and project management, ensuring all external and internal stakeholders are on the same page.
- Comfort moving from use case discussions (customers) to technical discussions (engineering team) and seeing the connection between the two.
- Act as a customer advocate.
- Bias towards solving customer problems and effective communication.
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Be creative: you’ll come up with new ideas based on your broad understanding of technological possibilities and city domain knowledge.
- Solve problems, together.
- Come up with novel solutions, working well with technologist and non-technologists.
- Ask hard questions and challenge assumptions to ensure that we’re solving the right problems.
- Have flexibility to work on the team’s most pressing problems.
- About cities, solving hard problems and our team’s success.
Replica is committed to creating a diverse environment. We encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech and urban planning industries to apply.