New York, NY or Bay Area, CA
Sidewalk Infrastructure Partners (SIP) seeks to transform infrastructure through technology. SIP holds, operates, and invests in advanced infrastructure projects, as well as the technology companies applying innovations to enable those projects. Backed by Alphabet Inc. (Google’s parent company and a world-leading technology company) and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (a large and deeply experienced infrastructure investor), SIP believes in technology’s ability to make infrastructure more sustainable, intelligent, and efficient.
SIP is looking for high-caliber candidates to serve as a Managing Director of SIP.
For this role, SIP is seeking a thoughtful, exceptionally talented, and driven investment professional who has experience in all phases of the investment process -- from the formation of an initial thesis, to origination, diligence, structuring, rigorous analysis and underwriting, negotiation, and swift execution, through portfolio management and ongoing value creation. Because SIP’s thematic and transaction process spans both technology companies and venture-style investments as well as infrastructure assets and project finance-style acquisitions, this role requires someone with high raw intelligence, innate curiosity, entrepreneurial work ethic, and the capacity to learn and adapt quickly.
In particular, a candidate for this role should:
- Have an impressive track record of academic and professional achievement;
- Have more than 20 years of finance, investing, private equity, or similar experience at a top-tier respected institution, including prior board experience;
- Demonstrate sound investment judgment;
- Utilize an objective “truth seeking” approach in evaluating transactions;
- Adopt a “firm first” mentality, are consistently rigorous in producing quality work product and analysis, foster internal collaboration and mentorship, and embrace accountability to outcomes;
- Be able to quickly develop domain expertise in new substantive areas;
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and simultaneously demonstrate strategic big-picture thinking as well as careful attention to detail;
- Be passionate about SIP’s mission and excited about the potential for technology to improve infrastructure;
- Communicate clearly and precisely; and
- Consistently deliver results, even in hectic situations and under tight timelines.
SIP is an equal opportunity employer. For us, this is more than legal boilerplate; it is reflective of a deeply held belief that our success depends on our willingness to recruit, hire, empower, compensate, reward, and promote the best and brightest individuals, of all backgrounds and characteristics.
If you are interested in consideration for this role, please submit your resume and application by submitting the form below. Due to the amount of interest in SIP’s work, we may not have the chance to follow up with you directly following your submission.