Who are We?
Sidewalk Infrastructure Partners (SIP seeks to transform urban systems through technology. SIP holds, operates, and invests in advanced infrastructure projects, as well as the technology companies applying innovations to these projects. Formed as a new spin-out company of Sidewalk Labs, the urban innovation business of Alphabet Inc. (Google’s parent company), SIP believes in technology’s ability to make infrastructure more sustainable, intelligent, and efficient.
SIP is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.
What is the Role?
SIP’s thematic process spans venture-style technology analysis and more traditional infrastructure project finance underwriting and thus requires diverse intellectual curiosity and investment and transactional judgment. As an Associate, you will contribute to all phases of the investment, acquisition, and value-creation process from origination through diligence, execution, and asset management. In this position you will:
- Develop and evaluate thematic areas of technology development
- Provide rigorous financial analysis
- Prepare transactional memoranda
- Support commercial and other forms of due diligence
- Manage portfolio companies and projects
What Leads to Success
This is a challenging and varied role with a significant opportunity to grow at the firm. We seek candidates who adopt a “firm-first” mentality, are consistently rigorous in work product and analysis, foster internal collaboration and mentorship, and embrace results-centered accountability.
What We Expect:
- Ability to quickly develop domain expertise in new areas of technology, finance, and infrastructure
- 3-6 years of finance, investing, and/or technology experience in private equity, venture capital, project finance, principal investing, project development, or a technology product management, research, or development role
- Expertise in advanced quantitative modeling and financial accounting
- Experience with advanced technology and engineering related to urban infrastructure
- A demonstrated track record of exceptional academic and professional accomplishment
- Ability to thrive in a rigorous, analytical environment with high attention to detail
- Precise communication
At SIP, we believe that infrastructure will be fundamentally transformed by technology. We are very excited to hear from individuals who are passionate about achieving precedent-setting levels of sustainability, intelligence, and efficiency in urban infrastructure through innovation.