Sidecar Health is redefining health insurance. Our mission is to make excellent healthcare affordable and attainable for everyone. We know that to accomplish this lofty mission, we need driven people who will make things happen.
The passionate people who make up Sidecar Health’s team come from all over, with backgrounds as tech leaders, policy makers, healthcare professionals, and beyond. And they all have one thing in common—the desire to fix a broken system and make it more personalized, affordable, and transparent.
If you want to use your talents to transform healthcare in the United States, come join us!
*Must reside in Ohio, Georgia, Kentucky, Florida, or Texas for consideration*
About the Role
As a Utilization Review Nurse, you'll be at the forefront of evaluating the medical necessity and quality of healthcare services for our members, guaranteeing adherence to established guidelines.You will also be responsible for reviewing upcoming services and good faith estimates for our members and writing letters based on the Sidecar Health policy.
What You'll Do
- Review and analyze medical records to assess the appropriateness and necessity of healthcare services
- Ensure compliance with established clinical guidelines, policies, and regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with healthcare providers to gather additional information when needed
- Utilize Milliman Care Guidelines (MCG) to evaluate the medical necessity and appropriateness of proposed and ongoing treatments
- Evaluate good faith estimates and “prebills” to determine scheduled care, including highlighting care that may not be included in the estimate (labs, radiology, pre-op visits, etc)
- Drafts letters to send to members outlining benefits and other considerations
- Collaborate with provider team and Member care team to evaluate care shopping options
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the clinical review process
What You'll Bring
- Clinical Credentials (RN)
- 5+ years of experience as a nurse providing care to patients, preferably in a hospital setting
- Medical billing/coding experience. This can be in a provider setting (billing, revenue cycle management, clinical auditing, legal compliance nurse) or payor setting (UM review, prior auth review, payment integrity, etc)
- Excellent written communication skills with experience drafting member/patient/provider facing letters
- Ability to think critically and make decisions with limited information
- Exceptional cross-functional collaboration skills with the ability to make recommendations to leadership
- Ability to problem solve and handle escalated cases
- Experience with Microsoft Suite: Microsoft Word (creating memos, writing), Microsoft Outlook (setting calendar appointments, email), and Microsoft Excel (creating spreadsheets, filtering, navigating reports)
- Prior authorization experience (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree
What You'll Get
- Competitive salary, bonus opportunity, and equity package
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- A 401k retirement plan
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- Opportunity to make an impact at a rapidly growing mission-driven company transforming healthcare in the U.S.
Sidecar Health adopts a market-based approach to compensation, where base pay varies depending on location and is further influenced by job-related skills and experience. The current expected salary range for this position is $85,000 - $95,000.
Sidecar Health is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.