We're looking for a UI Design Lead for an initial 5-week engagement with a Fortune 50 client. A great project that involves a mix of high-level vision and strategic work, through to production and roll out.
Siberia partners with world’s most ambitious organisations to help them move their businesses forward, explore new markets and develop digital products. We are a tight-knit team of doers, makers and thinkers. We get shit done.
You’ll be working on helping the client team develop and then execute on a new nationwide business offering. The project will involve a mix of high-level vision and strategic work, through to production and role out.
The position will be based in our NYC office and will require travel to Philadelphia 2/3 days a week as needed (expenses covered). You’ll be working with Product/ UX Lead, Design Associate, one of our directors and client team.
We’re looking for people that we’d like to work with regularly so even if you're not available now, send through your details.
Passionate about all things design. You value research and the insights and inputs of others. You’re detail oriented and understand how the details complement the bigger picture. Your outcomes and outputs go hand in hand. You take responsibility for the final output and create documentation as needed to achieve this, from quick mockups to comprehensive design systems.
You can present and defend your decisions but empathize with the tastes of others. You support the team, through mentoring and doing, directly and indirectly.
- Oversee and be responsible for the final output of the design component of a product.
- Create detailed design systems, guidelines and requirement documents.
- Work closely with the product team and the client to assist in product management tasks.
- Be able to break down user stories into individual design tasks.
- Manage design iteration cycles, versioning, and the general design workflow.
- Conduct design reviews.
- Make design recommendations and defend those decisions.
- Mentor and assist less experienced designers.
What we’d like to see from you
- A portfolio of digital products, processes and design systems.
- A detail-oriented approach to design and pride in high-quality work.
- Have worked in design teams for 5+ years.
- Experience leading and mentoring less experienced designers.
- An understanding of project management techniques and tools.
- Have played a central role in shipping multiple products to market and can point to examples.
- Follow through ability: interested in “finishing” a project, not just the initial discovery.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to clearly articulate and explain complex design problems.
- Have a very good understanding of product design and at least a basic understanding of development principles and workflows