At SimplyInsured we are on a mission to eliminate fear in health insurance.
Health insurance is complicated, expensive, and really important - so it tends to create fear for most people; our goal is to reduce that fear as much as possible.
We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and their families. With more than 20,000 customers and several major partnerships including Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted and confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator, and have been funded by top-tier investors at Polaris Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, New York Life Ventures and AltaIR Capital.
You’ll help small businesses choose their health plan and onboard with SimplyInsured. You'll develop deep customer-centric sales skills while helping us reach and serve more customers. You’ll work with a dynamic team of sales professionals, product experts, and leadership to help you excel in your career.
What you’ll do:
- Make a high volume of outbound calls and emails to small businesses who have expressed interest in SimplyInsured
- Engage businesses at different points in the sales process: discovery, decision, and onboarding
- Help customers choose the health plan that is best for their business
- Help customers understand the power of connecting SimplyInsured to their existing payroll and benefits
- Develop customer empathy and product expertise
- Exercise and master advisory selling of solutions for small businesses
- Participate in community and career development opportunities at SimplyInsured
What you’ll bring:
- 1-4 years experience with sales, customer service, or customer success
- Existing life and health insurance license
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent sales experience
- A commitment to solving customer problems and eliminating fear from health insurance
- Motivated by challenge and adaptable to change
- Self-motivation and a deep sense of pride in your work
What we offer:
- Generous stock option packages
- Competitive compensation
- “Take what you need” time off plan
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- FSA plan
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
The salary for this position is $70,000 OTE including base and commission.
We have a market-based compensation structure. The salary for this position may vary based on a candidate's experience, industry expertise, technical skills, and location. The range provided is just one component of total compensation including, but not limited to bonus eligibility based upon the achievement of performance objectives and company stock options.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every opinion is respected, we hold each other to extremely high standards, we're driven by the diversity in our backgrounds, and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria. We strongly encourage you to apply if you're interested; we'd love to learn how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.