At SimplyInsured we are on a mission to eliminate fear in health insurance.
Health insurance is complicated, expensive, and really important - so it tends to create fear for most people; our goal is to reduce that fear as much as possible.
We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and their families. With more than 20,000 customers and several major partnerships including Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted and confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator, and have been funded by top-tier investors at Polaris Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, New York Life Ventures and AltaIR Capital.
In this role, you will be a member of a high-performing team providing service for SimplyInsured customers. This role will help our customers via chat, phone, and email and serve as a trusted representative of the SimplyInsured brand carrying out the mission of eliminating fear from health insurance.
What you’ll do:
- Assist potential customers with navigating our online insurance shopping experience and obtaining quotes for their company’s health insurance options.
- Work with existing customers to answer and resolve basic administrative and billing questions. Your main goal will be to ensure that customer inquiries are responded to quickly and thoroughly. You will contribute daily to the Support team’s mission to delight our customers and help eliminate the fear of purchasing and using health insurance.
- In this role, you'll use multiple communication channels, including phone, chat, and email, to communicate with customers and our support ticketing software to document customer interactions. You should be passionate about helping customers and love working in a start-up environment. Being on our customer service team’s front lines means you'll have unique insight and access to our customer's issues. You will be empowered to propose process and product solutions to improve our customer experience.
What you’ll bring:
- 1-2 years of experience in customer service or sales role
- Highly productive with good multitasking skills
- Passion for helping people - especially when it comes to their health
- Able to work in a high-volume contact center environment
- Familiarity working with support ticketing and/or support CRM software tools
- Fantastic oral and written communication skills
- Strong desire to help businesses maximize their healthcare
What we offer:
- Generous stock option packages
- Competitive compensation
- “Take what you need” time off plan
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- FSA plan
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
The base salary range for this position is $14.00 per hour
We have a market-based compensation structure. The salary for this position may vary based on a candidate's experience, industry expertise, technical skills, and location. The range provided is just one component of total compensation including, but not limited to bonus eligibility based upon the achievement of performance objectives and company stock options.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every opinion is respected, we hold each other to extremely high standards, we're driven by the diversity in our backgrounds, and unified by 100% alignment on our mission. Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria. We strongly encourage you to apply if you're interested; we'd love to learn how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**SimplyInsured is hiring only in the United States at this time**