WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Competitive compensation of $17/hour and a $2,000 annual bonus, with a clear career progression ladder based on metrics & licensing
- COMPANY PAID: Life, Health, and Accident Insurance Producer License (multi-state)
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- We're currently working from home due to Covid-19, and the following don't apply until we're safely back in the office: Team Outings (in-person), Offsite Retreats Every 6 months (in-person), Dog-Friendly Offices, Collaborative Office Space, and Stocked Kitchen
- Stock option packages
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
WHAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT
SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and families. With more than 15,000 customers and major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we're quickly growing and disrupting this convoluted, confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our team’s broad experience includes founding companies; scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Cisco Systems, Convergys, Dell EMC, and Yahoo; consulting at Bain, McKinsey, and Deloitte; and venture capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator and have been funded by top-tier investors at Polaris Partners, New York Life Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital. We are a Series A company and have raised $10M+ in venture capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every perspective is respected and supported. We are motivated by the diversity in our backgrounds and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
You will work with our customers to troubleshoot insurance issues, act as their advocate with insurance carriers, solve employer challenges with issues like enrollment and billing, and handle employee questions about coverage and eligibility. You will ensure that small business owners can buy and administer plans that are right for their employees and their families. Your main goal is to delight our customers and help eliminate the fear from purchasing and using health insurance. You will have an incredible impact on people's individual lives. We're in the business of making sure people have access to resources to live healthy lives. In this role, you'll use multiple communication channels, including phone, chat, and email.
Being on the front lines of our team means you'll have unique insight and access into our customer's issues and you'll be empowered through access to data analytics tools to seek the truth and propose solutions to improve our customer experience.
- During the day you’ll work on either chat + email (40%), inbound calls + email (40%)
- 20% of the time is focused on the backlog, training, and miscellaneous items
- Direct customer interactions
- Provide insight into product updates based on customer feedback
- Growth and improvement of our help center
- Opportunity to partner with our training leader to create new materials
WHO WOULD BE A GOOD FIT?
- 1-3 years of experience in customer support or sales role
- Positive and optimistic personality - you help others see the positive in any situation
- Passion for helping people - especially when it comes to their health
- Problem-solving skills to navigate complicated issues
- Strong desire to help businesses maximize their health care
- Continuous improvement - not reliant on status quo, but willing to offer new ideas and suggestions for product, process, and/or tools
With the spread of COVID-19, SimplyInsured offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees who require access. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to will be conducted virtually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.